Chapter 97-Devil's Trap

July 15th - July 16th, 2006

Salvation, Iowa

"They've got Dad." Dean said as he hung up the phone "Meg?" Sam asked as Dean nodded at him "what'd she say?" Sam asked him "I just told you, Sammy. Okay. Okay." Dean replied as he rubbed his face grabbing the Colt off of the table and put it into the back of his jeans "what are you doing, Dean?" Sam asked him as he quickly walked over and grabbed his duffel bag "we got to go." He said "why?" Sam asked.

While Dean put his jacket on and grabbed mine "because the demon knows we're in Salvation, all right. It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad...it's probably coming for us next." Dean said "good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come." Sam replied as Dean helped me put my jacket on "listen, tough guy, we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving...now!" Dean said as he put his hand on my back and pushed me out of the motel with both of our bags in his hand as I got into the Impala as he loaded it.

Sam came out of the motel with his bag shortly after tossing it into the back and then getting in as we took off and drove in silence for a while "I'm telling you, Dean, we could have taken him." Sam said breaking to silence "what we need is a plan. Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive. We just gotta figure out where. They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun." Dean said as Sam shook his head and looked over at Dean "what?" Dean asked him "Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Sam said starting to get upset.

"Dad, he might be-." Sam said as Dean quickly glanced in the mirror at me and turned his attention back to Sam "don't." Dean said "look, I don't want to believe it any more than you. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job." Sam replied "screw the job, Sam!" Dean yelled "Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going." Sam said "quit talking about him like he's dead already. Listen to me. Everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything." Dean replied.

"So, how do we find him?" Sam asked him "maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where he was taken." Dean suggested "come on, Dean, you really think these demons are going to leave a trail?" Sam questioned "you're right. We need help." Dean muttered as I laid down in the backseat falling asleep the second my head hits the seat.