Chapter 108-Bloodlust

August 15th - August 17th, 2006

Finally having the Impala fixed the three of us sit in the car heading out to another case this time, people were finding severed human heads, and cattle were coming up missing and being found dead as Dean was jamming out to "Back in Black" by AC/DC and loving having the Impala back "whoo! Listen to her purr! Have you ever heard anything so sweet?" Dean said "ya know if you two wanna get a room, just let us know, Dean."Sam joked as Dean rubbed the dashboard "oh, don't listen to him, baby. He doesn't understand us." Dean replied as Sam laughed "you're in a good mood." Sam said "why shouldn't I be?" Dean asked him.

"No reason." Sam said "got my car, we got a case, things are looking up." Dean said with a smile on his face "wow. Give you a couple of severed heads and a pile of dead cows, and you're Mr. Sunshine." Sam laughed "how far to Red Lodge?" Dean asked him "uh, about another three hundred miles." Sam replied as Dean smiled and floored it "good." He said.

[.........]
Red Lodge, Montana
Finally arriving Sam and Dean dropped me off at the motel since I really wouldn't be able to help much since most of the information they were getting was through law enforcement as l lay down on the bed scanning through the tv channels trying to find something good to watch while continuously checking my phone starting to get a little worried though, because the boys had dropped me off around noon, and now it was getting dark, and there was no sign of them as I got up and walked over to call one of them when all of a sudden Sam opened the door, looking unhappy.

"Hey, where's Dean?" I asked him "he's at a bar with Gordon." Sam said as he rolled his eyes "who's Gordon?" I asked him "he's a hunter." Sam said "oh, so something is going on here?" I asked him "yeah, vampires." Sam replied "are they the ones killing the cattle?" I asked "I don't know. It seems like the cattle might just be a fluke." Sam said as he looked down at me "so, why are you acting weird about Gordon?" I questioned "there's just something off about him. I mean, I know we kill things all the time, but it's like he enjoys it too much. I'm gonna call Ellen, see if she knows anything about him." Sam said as I nodded at him.

Plopping down on the other Sam pulled out his phone, and dialed her number "hey, Ellen, uh, Sam Winchester." (...) "yeah. Yeah, everything's fine. Got a question." (...) "you ever run across a guy named Gordon Walker?" (...) "and?" (.) "well, we ran into him on a job, and we're kinda working with him, I guess." (.) He said furrowing his brow "I-I thought you said he was a good hunter." (.) "Ellen-." (.) He nodded "right, okay." He sighed before hanging up "what did she say?" I asked him "she said he's dangerous and to just let him take this case on his own." Sam said.

"Are you going to call Dean?" I asked, concerned.
"I think I should explain when he gets back. He's not going to listen over the phone." Sam said as I frowned "they kinda hit it off, so I'm sure he'll be fine for now. Besides, I got something we can do while we wait." Sam said as he looked over at me "what?" I asked curiously as Sam walked over to his bag and started searching through it "ugh, I must've left it in the car. I'II be right back." He said smiling at me and then walked out a few seconds after Sam left, I heard a noise coming from the bathroom as I got up deciding to investigate.

Grabbing my knife out of my bag walking over to the bathroom door and putting my hand on the doorknob I took a deep breath before swinging it open. Even though I had armed myself, I still wasn't expecting two men to be standing on the other side of the door as one of them sprung forward grabbing me quickly tying me up and putting a gag in my mouth as the other one carried me over and sat me on the couch facing the TV "just sit still and stay quiet. We don't want to hurt anyone, but if we have to, we will." He said as I nodded, and then they both hid before Sam came back.

"How do you feel about watching this movie I rented?" Sam asked as I desperately tried to warn him, but I spotted one of the men putting a finger up to his mouth as a warning to keep quiet "Addie? Are you-." Sam said as one of the men charged at him but, he punched one of them knocking him down to the ground as the other grabs the telephone hitting Sam over the head knocking him out as a bag was placed over my head, and then I was flung over one of their shoulders and carried out being tossed into the back of a vehicle and then I felt something heavy being thrown next to me.

We drove for a while until we came to an abrupt stop as I was pulled out of the vehicle, carried off, and then tied to a chair a few minutes later, the bag was removed from my head, and I looked up to see a large man standing over me as he walked over and pulled the bag from Sam's head exposing his vampire teeth advancing towards me as Sam struggled to break free "wait! Step back, Eli." A woman said standing in the doorway as Eli moved away from me retracting his fangs back into his mouth.

As the woman walked over to us pulling the gags out of our mouths "my name's Lenore. I'm not going to hurt you. We just need to talk." She said "talk? Yeah, okay, but I might have a tough time paying attention to much besides Eli's teeth."
I said "he won't hurt you either. You have my word." She promised "your word? Oh yeah, great, thanks. Listen, lady, no offense, but you're not the first vampire we've met." Sam said "we're not like the others. We don't kill humans, and we don't drink their blood. We haven't for a long time." Lenore explained "what is this, some kind of joke?" Sam asked her.

"Notice you're both still alive." Lenore said "okay, uh, correct me if I'm wrong here, but shouldn't you be starving to death?" Sam asked her "we've found other ways. Cattle blood." Lenore said as Sam furrowed his brow "you're telling me you're responsible for all the-." Sam said "it's not ideal. In fact, it's disgusting. But.....it allows us to get by." She said "okay, uh, why?" Sam asked "survival. No deaths, no missing locals, no reason for people like you to come looking for people like us. We blend in. Our kind is practically extinct. Turns out, we weren't quite as high up the food chain as we imagined." She replied.

"Why are we explaining ourselves to these killers?" Eli asked her "Eli!" Lenore snapped "we choke on cow's blood so that none of them suffer. Tonight, they murdered Conrad, and they celebrated." Eli said "Eli, that's enough." Lenore replied "yeah, Eli, that's enough." Sam scoffed
"Sam..." I snapped "what's done is done. We're leaving this town tonight." Lenore said "then why did you bring us here? Why are you even talking to us?" Sam asked "believe me, I'd rather not. But I know your kind. Once you have the scent, you'll keep tracking us. It doesn't matter where we go.
Hunters will find us." Lenore said "so, you're asking us not to follow you." Sam said.

"We have a right to live. We're not hurting anyone." Lenore said "right, so you keep saying, but give me one good reason why I should believe you." Sam said "fine." Lenore leaned over Sam, so they were face to face "you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to let you go." She said as she stood up and turned to Eli "take them back. Not a mark on them." As the two men came up and put bags over our heads again, then we were led back outside.