Chapter 122-Jo's Missing

Once we made it out of the walls, we ran into Dean, running down the stairwell "damn it!" He yelled "hey, hey, look, we'll find her, all right?" Sam said "where?" Dean asked, frustrated "inside the walls." Sam said "we've been inside the walls all night. None of the other girls were there. She won't be either." Dean said as Sam opened the door to the apartment, and we walked in "look. We've just gotta take a beat and think about this. Maybe we got Holmes' MO wrong." Sam said "yeah, well, we'd better friggin' think fast." Dean replied.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

Dean answered his phone "yeah?" (...) He said as he looked up at us with wide eyes "Ellen." (...) "she's gonna have to call you back, she's taking care of, uh, feminine business." (.) He sighed "look, we'll get her back." (..) "the spirit we're hunting. It took her." (.) "she'll be okay, I promise." (..) "what?" (..) "it won't. I won't let it.
Ellen, I'm sorry, I really am." (...) Dean said as he pulled the phone away from his ear and slammed it onto the table "damn it!" Dean shouted.

"Don't beat yourself up, Dean. There's nothing you could have done." Sam said, looking up from the research on the table "tell me you've got something." Dean said "uh, maybe. Look. You look at the layout of the Holmes Murder Castle. There's all the torture chambers inside the walls, right?" Sam said as Dean nodded "right." Dean said "but there's one we haven't considered yet. The one in this basement." Sam said as Dean shook his head "this building doesn't have a basement." Dean said as Sam nodded "you're right. It doesn't. But I just noticed this. Beneath the foundation, it looks like part of an old sewer system that hasn't been used for-." Sam said.

"Let's go." Dean said as he headed for the door grabbing a metal detector and some shovels out of the Impala as we walked down the street letting the metal detector lead us down an alleyway and into the empty field behind the apartment. Once we reached the center of the field, the metal detector started beeping rapidly "here." Sam said pointing to the ground as Dean and I nodded and then started digging.
After a few minutes we all got on our hands and knees and started digging until we reached a metal door and pulled it open.

Dean grabbed a shotgun and a flashlight out of his bag and handed them to Sam. He gave me a flashlight and then took a gun and a flashlight for himself as he stepped down onto the first step of the ladder and looked at me "stay close, all right?" Dean said as I nodded, and then he continued down while I followed, and then Sam came down after. At the landing, there was one tunnel leading deeper into the sewer. We had to crawl on our hands and knees through the wet, dirty tunnel.

Dean led the way as Sam and I followed behind him. When we reached the end, it opened into a corridor. Almost immediately, we could hear a woman screaming, so we took off running until we reached a circular room. As we ran in, we could see Holmes standing beside a metal box built into the wall. He was reaching into it, causing the woman to scream "hey!" Dean yelled, which made Holmes quickly turn to face us as Holmes turned, Dean shot him in the chest, sending him flying backward, and then he vanished.

"Jo?!" Dean yelled "I'm here!" Jo yelled from the metal box and stuck her fingers through a slat as
Dean worked to get Jo out of the box, Sam and I looked into the other metal boxes in the wall. I peered into the one to the left of the door and saw a terrified blonde woman huddled and whimpering inside it "hey, everything's going to be all right, okay?" I assured her as the woman moved forward and put her fingers through the slat "please help me. Please." She cried as Sam came up behind me "we're gonna get you out of here, all right?" Sam said.