Chapter 149-Something's Not Right With Sam

As we walked into the motel room, Dean tossed his bag onto the bed "all right, we get a couple hours of sleep, and then we put this place in our rear-view mirror." Dean said as Sam didn't say anything and just rubbed his forehead "look, I know this is bad, okay? You gotta snap out of it." Dean said as Sam stayed silent "Sam, say something!" Dean shouted "just get some sleep and leave in the morning? Murder, Dean. That's what I did." Sam said as Dean searched for words and then shrugged.

"Maybe. Okay?" Dean said as Sam scoffed "hey, we don't know...shapeshifter!" Dean shouted "oh, come on. You know it wasn't. You saw the tape. There was no eye flare, no distortion-." Sam said "yeah, but it wasn't you! All right? I mean, yeah, it might have been you, but it wasn't you." Dean said "well, I think it was. I think maybe more than you know." Sam replied "what the hell does that mean?" Dean asked him.

"For the last few weeks, I've been having....I've been having these feelings." Sam said as Dean walked to the other bed and sat opposite Sam "what feelings?" Dean asked him "rage. Hate. And I can't stop it. It just gets worse. Day by day, it gets worse." Sam said "you never told me this." Dean said "I didn't want to scare you." Sam sighed as Dean nodded, slapped his knee, and stood up "well, bang-up job on that." Dean said "Dean, the yellow-eyed-demon, you know he has plans for me. And we both know that he's turned other children into killers before, too." Sam said.

"No one can control you but you." Dean said as Sam shook his head "it sure doesn't seem like that, Dean, it feels like no matter what I do, slowly but surely I'm....l'm just becoming." Sam said "what?" Dean asked him "who I'm meant to be. I mean, you said it once yourself, Dean. I gotta face up to who I am." Sam said as he stood up "I didn't mean this!" Dean shouted "but it's still true. You know that. Dad knew that too. That's why he told you if it ever came to this..." Sam said as he shook his head and looked down.

"Shut up, Sam." Dean said "Dean, you promised him. You promised me." Sam said "no. Listen to me. We're gonna figure this out. Okay? I mean, there's gotta be a way, right?" Dean asked him "yeah, there is. I don't wanna hurt anyone else. I don't wanna hurt Ads. And I don't want to hurt you." Sam said as he walked over and pulled a handgun out of his duffel bag, shoving it at Dean as Dean looked down at the gun and back up at Sam "you won't. Whatever this is, you can fight it." Dean said "no. I can't. Not forever. Here, you gotta do it." Sam said.

As they stared at each other for a long moment, and then Sam grabbed Dean's hand, shoving the gun into it. Dean didn't move and just stared at Sam in shock "you know, I've tried so hard to keep you safe." Dean said as he shook his head at him "I know." Sam said softly "I can't. I'd rather die." Dean muttered as he dropped the gun in the bag and shouldered past Sam "no. You'll live. You'll live to regret this." Sam said as he picked up the gun making Dean turned around before he turned around pistol-whipping Dean, causing him to drop to the floor unconscious.

Making me gasp in fright as I look up at him glancing at the front door sprinting towards it but, just before I could open the door he grabs me wrapping one arm around my waist and the other around my mouth as I struggle in his hold "now.....as for you. Your not going to remember any of this but just know that I never wanted this to happen. So, sweet dreams Dia." Sam said as he slammed my head down against the corner of the nightstand knocking me out cold as I fall to the ground.

[......]
"Addie, Addie. Wake up, you okay?" Dean asked me as I sat up slowly "yeah, I'm fine." I muttered "he really got you." Dean said as he examined my forehead "yeah, don't touch it." I groaned pushing his hand away lightly as we both look up at the sound of knocking on the door, then it was unlocked, and the manager walked in "hey. It's past your checkout." The manager said "what?" Dean asked him as he helped me up and then turned back to the manager.