Chapter 37-Strange Occurrences

Pulling up to the Department of Anthropology building of the college campus that was in town I sit in the back seat waiting for the boys to come out as I begin fiddling with my necklace that my dad gave me when I was little I look up seeing the boys coming back as they open the doors to the car hopping in.

"What did you guys find out?" I asked them "the professor said that the bones are 170-year-old Native American bones

"What did you guys find out?" I asked them "the professor said that the bones are 170-year-old Native American bones. He told us that someone from the Euchee tribe in Sapulpa could tell us more about them, so that's where we're headed now." Dean said "alright." I replied laying down on the backseat.

[.....]
Sapulpa
Finally arriving we head over to the Oklahoma Diner opening the door and heading inside "Joe White Tree?" Dean asked out loud as a man turned to look at us "we'd like to ask you a few questions if that's all right." Sam said "we're-." Dean stuttered "no, you're not. You're lying." Joe said looking up at him "well, truth is -." I said "you know who starts a sentence with 'truth is? Liars." Joe said "uh, have you heard of Oasis Plains? It's a housing development near the Atoka Valley." Sam said.

"I like him and her. They're not a liars. I know the area." Joe replied "what can you tell us about the history there?" I asked him "why do you wanna know?" Joe asked me "something - Something bad is happening in Oasis Plains. We think it might have something to do with some old bones we found down there...Native American bones." Sam replied.

"I'll tell you what my grandfather told me, what his grandfather told him. Two hundred years ago, a band of my ancestors lived in that valley. One day, the American cavalry came to relocate them. They were resistant...the cavalry impatient. As my grandfather put it...on the night, the moon and the sun share the sky as equals...the cavalry first raided our village. They murdered....raped. The next day, the cavalry came again, and the next, and the next. And on the sixth night, the cavalry came one last time. And by the time the sun rose, every man, woman, and child still in the village... was dead. They say on the sixth night, as the chief of the village lay dying, he whispered to the heavens that no white man would ever tarnish this land again. Nature would rise up and protect the valley. And it would bring as many days of misery and death to the white man as the cavalry had brought upon his people." Joe said looking up at us "insects. Sounds like nature to me...six days?" I asked him.

"And on the night of the sixth day, none would survive." Joe mumbled "thank you for your help." Sam said as we made our way back to the car "when did the gas company man die? I asked out loud "uh, let's see, we got here Thursday, so, Monday the 20th." Dean said "march 20th? That's the spring equinox." Sam replied.

"The night, the sun, and the moon share the sky as equals." Dean said looking at us "so, every year about this time, anybody in Oasis Plains is in danger. Larry built this neighborhood on cursed land." I said "and on the sixth night...that's tonight." Dean realized "if we don't do something, Larry's family will be dead by sunrise. So how do we break the curse?" Sam asked out loud "you don't break a curse. You get out of its way. We've gotta get those people out now." Dean said.