Chapter 59-Figuring Out How To Stop It

Nebraska

A few hours later we finally arrive at The Church of Roy LeGrange

A few hours later we finally arrive at The Church of Roy LeGrange. Faith Healer. Witness the Miracle as we park the car opening the door and getting out as I open the door for Dean "I got ya." I said as he lightly smacked my shoulder "I got it. Man, you are a lying bastard. Thought you said we were going to see a doctor." Dean said "I believe I said a specialist. Look, Dean, this guy's supposed to be the real deal." Sam said trying to convince him.

"I can't believe you brought me here to see some guy who heals people out of a tent." Dean said as he looked up at him as a woman passed by us "reverend LeGrange is a great man." The woman said "yeah, that's nice." Dean responded sarcastically as we walked past a man yelling at a police officer "I have a right to protest! This man is a fraud! And he's milking all these people out of their hard-earned money!" The man yelled "sir, this is a place of worship. Let's go. Move it." The officer said pushing him along.

"I take it he's not part of the flock." Dean said jokingly "but when people see something they can't explain, there's controversy." Sam replied as he sent a glance his way "I mean, come on, Sam...a faith healer?" Dean questioned him "maybe it's time to have a little faith, Dean." Sam replied with a smirk on his face "you know what I've got faith in? Reality...knowing what's really going on." Dean said "how can you be a skeptic? With the things we see every day?" I asked him jokingly.

"Exactly. We see them. We know they're real." Dean replied as he looked down at me "but if you know evil's out there, how can you not believe good's out there, too?" Sam asked him "because I've seen what evil does to good people." Dean said as he stopped walking as a young blonde woman overheard and turned around to look at us "maybe God works in mysterious ways." She said with a smile on her face as Dean smiled at her "maybe he does. I think you just turned me around on the subiect." He said as the woman smiled back at him "yeah, I'm sure." She replied.

"I'm Dean. This is Sam and Addison." He said as he held his hand out to her "Layla. So, if you're not a believer, then why are you here?" She asked him with a questioning look on her face "well, apparently, my brother here believes enough for the both of us." He said as an older woman approached as she put her arm around Layla "come on, Layla. It's about to start." The older woman said as we smiled at them, and then they walked into the tent.

"Well, I bet you she can work in some mysterious ways." Dean joked while he raised his eyebrows at us as I groaned and rolled my eyes at him "what?" He asked me with a smirk on his face "nothing." I giggled as we entered the tent seeing it was full of people sitting or finding seats. A small stage was at the front.
Dean looked around and then spotted something in the corner of the tent "yeah, peace, love, and trust all over." He scoffed.

As I looked up and saw a security camera set in place in the corner while Dean walked forward to take a seat, but Sam put his arm around Dean and pushed him toward the front "come on." Sam said with urgency "don't! What are you doing? Let's sit here." Dean grumbled trying to pull away from Sam "we're sitting up front." Sam replied "what? Why?" Dean asked annoyed.

"Come on." Sam urged "oh, come on, Sam." Dean groaned "you all right?" Sam asked him "this is ridiculous." Dean muttered "I'm good, dude. Get off me." He mumbled as he slapped Sam's hand away from him "perfect." He muttered lowly "yeah, perfect." Dean said sarcastically "you take the aisle." Sam said as I nodded at him.

Looking up at the sound of someone talking at the front where the stage was set up "each morning, my wife, Sue Ann, reads me the news. Never seems good, does it?" The reverend asked out loud "no." The crowd said "seems like there's always someone committing some immoral, unspeakable act...but I say to you, God is watching." Roy said "yes, he is." The crowd murmured "god rewards the good, and he punishes the corrupt." Roy said as everyone nodded at him while I leaned over towards Dean "this is creeping me out." I whispered.

"Me too." He whispered back as We both laughed quietly while Sam glared at us slightly "It is the Lord who does the healing here, friends. The Lord, who guides me in choosing who to heal by helping me see into people's hearts." Roy replied as everyone looked at each other while murmuring "yeah, and into their wallets." Dean whispered lowly "you think so, young man?" Roy asked out loud as the crowd immediately fell silent.

"Sorry." Dean said "no, no. Don't be. Just watch what you say around a blind man. We've got real sharp ears." Roy replied making the crowd laugh in response "what's your name, son?" Roy asked him "Dean." Dean said "Dean. I want...I want you to come up here with me." Roy said as everyone in the crowd clapped except for Layla and the older woman. Sue Ann moved to the center of the stage and smiled at Dean "no, it's okay." Dean said while shaking his head.

As Sam reached around me and lightly smacked Dean's arm "what are you doing?!" he whisper-shouted "you've come here to be healed, haven't ya?" Roy asked him "well, yeah, but uh..." Dean muttered "maybe you should just pick someone else." He said once again "oh, no. I didn't pick you, Dean. The Lord did." Roy replied making the crowd got more excited, and then someone yelled "that's right! Yeah! Come on!" Someone shouted.

As I grabbed Dean's hand and nodded to encourage him to get up he looked at me sighing then reluctantly rose up and moved toward the stage, slowly as Sue Ann moved to assist Dean on stage, and then he stood next to Roy "you ready?" Roy asked him "look, no disrespect, but uh, I'm not exactly a believer." Dean mumbled lowly "you will be, son. You will be. Pray with me, friends." Roy said to the crowd.

As I looked around as people in the crowd lifted their arms up and joined hands with each other while Roy raised his hands in the air then placed one, first on Dean's shoulder, then on the side of his head "all right now. All right now." Roy said as Dean's eyes started to glaze over, and his knees began to weaken he slowly sank to his knees while Roy kept his hand on his head.

"All right, now." Roy mumbled as Dean wobbled a little bit while his eyes rolled back, and then he dropped to the stage floor making Sam and I jump up in fear "Dean!" We yelled running up to him as the crowd clapped excitedly while Sam grabbed the front of Dean's hoodie "say something!" Sam yelled making his eyes burst open as he gasped while blinking groggily as he stared past Roy but didn't say anything "hallelujah!" someone yelled in the crowd.