Chapter 138-Getting Something To Eat

After Dean and I finished up at the library, we went to a diner to eat dinner. We found out that the inn had been a family inheritance and that the grandma had a nanny that was into hoodoo. The waitress walked over and placed our burgers in front of us "yum." I said taking a bite of my burger "this is nice." Dean said with a smile on his face "what?" I asked, confused "to be eating with someone who appreciates food like I do." Dean said, taking a huge bite of his burger "Sam appreciates food too." I laughed "Sam appreciates salad. That's not food." Dean said as I giggled.

"Besides, when was the last time you and I got to hang out?" Dean asked me "that's true. Sam and I get to hang out all the time. We've missed so much, Dr. Sexy MD I bet Ellen and Dr. Sexy are back together." I said "no, no way. The last episode we watched...his ex-wife showed up. He's definitely with her." Dean said "no. She's his ex for a reason, Dean. He's smart enough to know not to go back to that." I replied "why do you like Dr. Ellen Piccolo? She can be so whiny." Dean asked me.

She's an amazing person and she's allowed to be a little bit whiney. Besides, she isn't even whiney." | mumbled "jeez, Dia. Did I press a button?" Dean laughed "I just think you don't give Ellen enough credit. She's my favorite character...well, now that Bubba is dead." | sighed "oh yeah, I forgot about that. Car accident, right?" Dean asked me "yeah, he tried to save someone but got hit himself. He was such a sweetheart." I frowned "how old are you again?" Dean asked me "sixteen..." I thought for a second.

"Hmm. Sorry, I was confused. You sounded like a middle-aged woman for a second." Dean smirked as I kicked him under the table "whatever. Like you should even talk. You like that show as much as I do. Deny it all you want." I said "yeah, but that's our secret." Dean replied as I sighed and looked down at my food, swirling a fry around in ketchup "what's wrong?" Dean asked "I've just been thinking." I muttered "about?" He asked, taking another massive bite of burger
"Dad...I miss him." I said "yeah.....I miss him too." Dean mumbled.

"How 'bout some pie?" Dean asked me "I didn't even finish my burger." I said "there's always room for pie." He said as the waitress came over a few minutes later and cleaned up our plates "would you be interested in dessert today?" She asked us "yes, actually. What kind of pie do you have?" Dean asked her "well, we have cream pie, chocolate pie, apple pie-." She said "that's the one, apple pie." Dean said "all right, two slices coming right up." The waitress replied "oh, no. We would like the whole pie." Dean smiled "okay, I can package that up for you if you like." The waitress said "no, we just need the pie and two forks." Dean said as the waitress gave Dean a strange look and walked off.

When we pulled into the inn's parking lot, an ambulance was out front, and paramedics were loading a body into the back. We walked up to the front door and spotted Susan walking toward the door as well "what happened?" Dean asked her "oh, the maid went in to turn down the sheets, and he was just...hanging there." Susan said "that's awful. He was a guest?" Dean asked her "he worked for the company that bought the place." Susan said "hmm." Dean nodded "I don't understand." Susan muttered "what?" Dean asked.

"Had a lot of bad luck around here. Look, if you'd like to check out, I'll give you a full refund." Susan sighed "no, thanks. We don't scare that easy." Dean said.