Chapter 143-Houses Of The Holy

January 22nd - January 23rd, 2007

Providence, Rhode Island

We had finally made our way to Providence, Rhode Island

We had finally made our way to Providence, Rhode Island. After what happened in Wisconsin, we felt it was best to make some distance between the bank and Us. While we were in Providence, Sam discovered a case about a woman named Gloria, who had stabbed a man in the heart because an "angel" told her to. Sam wasn't allowing Dean to go anywhere because he was wanted by the police. So, Dean and I had been hanging out at the motel together.

The plan was that after Sam came back from talking to Gloria at the psych ward, me and Dean were lying on his bed in the hotel room using the Magic Fingers "what's on your mind kiddo?" Dean asked me as he looked up at me "nothing....just wondering what dad would say about all of this." I said as he moaned at the feeling of the bed giving him a massage making me look over at him as I raised an eyebrow at him "first off, can you stop using that? You're creeping me out." I said.

"Oh, come on. Sam's making me stay behind. It's so boring in here. It's the only thing I got going for me." Dean complained "listen here, buddy-boy. If I hear you complain about staying behind one more time, I'm gonna punch you." I snapped "oh yeah?" Dean laughed "yeah, you aren't gonna get any sympathy from me." I giggled "fine, I guess I will just confide in the Magic Fingers." Dean said closing his eyes as he embraced the vibrations.

While I shook my head and smirked at him "hey." Sam said as he walked in "hey.
Man, you gotta try this. I mean, there really is magic in the Magic Fingers." Dean said as he looked up at him "Dean, you're enjoying that way too much. It's kind of making me uncomfortable." Sam said "that's what I said." I replied "what am I supposed to do? I mean, you've got me on lockdown here. I'm bored out of my skull." Dean complained "Dean-." I facepalmed "what? I am." Dean said "hey, you were the bank robber on the 11 o'clock news. We can't risk you just walking into a government facility." Sam said.

"Hmm." Dean muttered as Sam waved his hand at Dean dismissively and walked into the bathroom to wash his face. The bed suddenly shuttered to stillness "aw, damn it! That was my last quarter. Hey! You got any quarters?" Dean shouted as he stood up and leaned against the wall by the bathroom "no!" Sam snapped "so, did you get in to see that crazy hooker?" Dean asked him "that's kinda rude." I said "lady of the night. Whatever, same thing. That's what she is." Dean shrugged "Gloria Sitnick. And I'm not so sure she's crazy." Sam said as he nodded at him.

"But she seriously believes that she was...touched by an angel?" Dean asked "yeah. Blinding light, feelings of spiritual ecstasy, the works. I mean, she's living in a locked ward, and she's totally at peace." Sam said "oh yeah, you're right, sounds completely sane. What about the dude she stabbed?" Dean said sarcastically "uh, Carl Gully. She said she killed him because he was evil." Sam said.

"Was he?" Dean asked him "I don't know. I mean, I couldn't find any dirt on him. I mean, he didn't have a criminal record. He worked at the campus library, had lots of friends. He was a churchgoer." Sam said "hmm. So, then Gloria's just your standard-issue wacko. I mean, she wouldn't be the first nut-job in history to kill in the name of religion. Know what I mean?" Dean said "no, but she's the second in town to murder because an angel told them to. Little bit odd, don't ya think?" Sam asked him "well, little odd, yes, supernatural maybe. But angels? I don't think so." Dean said.

"Why not?" Sam asked him "cause there's no such thing, Sam." Dean said, confidently "Dean, there's ten times as much lore about angels as there is about anything else we've ever hunted." Sam replied "yeah, ya know what? There's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they-they ride on silver moonbeams, and they shoot rainbows out of their ass." Dean said "wait, there's no such thing as unicorns?" Sam said as he sat down on the bed slowly "that's cute. I'm just saying, man, there's just some legends that you just, you file under 'bullcrap." Dean laughed.

"And you've got angels on the 'bullcrap' list?"Sam asked him "yup." Dean nodded "why?" Sam asked him "because I've never seen one." Dean said "so what?"
Sam questioned "so, I believe in what I can see." Dean said "Dean! We've seen things that most people couldn't even dream about." Sam shouted "exactly. With our own eyes. That's hard proof, okay? But in all this time, I have never seen anything that looks like an angel. And don't you think that if they existed that we would have crossed paths with them? Or at least know someone that crossed paths with them? No. This is a-a demon or a spirit. Ya know, they find people a few fries short of a happy meal, and they trick them into killing these randoms." Dean said.

"You used to think vampires didn't exist." I said as Sam pointed at me and nodded "I thought they were extinct. There's a difference. There's never been any proof of angels." Dean said "maybe." Sam muttered "can we just...I mean, we have some business to take care of." Dean said "yeah." Sam said.