Chapter 34-Investigation

Oasis Plains, Oklahoma
Once we arrive at our destination we get out of the car as we begin walking up to the Oklahoma Gas & Power Co making our way towards a man holding a clipboard "Travis Weaver?" Sam asked him making him turn to look at us "yeah, that's right." He said with a look of confusion on his face "are you the Travis who worked with Uncle Dusty?" Dean asked him "Dustin never mentioned being an uncle." Travis said looking at us with suspicion "really? Well, he sure mentioned you. He said you were the greatest." I said "yeah." Sam said while Dean nodded in agreement.

"Oh, he did? Huh." Travis said "listen, we wanted to ask you...what exactly happened out there?" Dean asked him "I'm not sure. He fell in a sinkhole. I went to the truck to get some rope, and, uh...by the time I got back-." Travis said "what did you see?" I asked him "nothin'. Just Dustin." Travis replied "no wounds or anything?" Sam asked him "well, he was bleeding...from his eyes and his ears, his nose. But that's it." Travis replied.

"So, you think it could be this whole mad cow thing?" Dean asked him "I don't know. That's what doctors are sayin'." Travis replied "but if it was, he would've acted strange beforehand, like dementia, loss of motor control. You ever notice anything like that?" Sam asked him "no. No way. But then again, if it wasn't some disease, what the hell was it?" Travis asked in confusion "that's a good question." Dean said "ya know, can you tell us where this happened?" I asked him "yeah." Travis replied.

[.....]
Making our way into the construction site of Luxury Homes, Oasis Plains Estates we park on the opposite side of the road getting out and making our way to the "scene of the crime" as we duck under the police tape standing above the sinkhole.

"Huh. What do you think?" I asked them out loud "I don't know. But if that guy, Travis, was right, it happened pretty damn fast." Sam said "so, what? Some sort of creature chewed on his brain?" Dean questioned "no, there'd be an entry wound. Sounds like this thing worked from inside." I said crouching down to examine the hole "huh. Looks like there's only room for one. You wanna flip a coin?" Dean asked "Dean, we have no idea what's down there." Sam replied looking up at him "all right, I'll go if you're scared. You scared?" Dean asked him with a smirk on his face.

"Flip the damn coin." Sam said "all right, call it in the air...chicken." Dean replied as he flipped the coin "I'm going." Sam said catching the coin in his hand mid-air "I said I'd go." Dean replied "I'm going." Sam said tying the hose around his waist "all right." Dean replied "don't drop me." Sam said "I won't." Dean replied.

[....]
Once we're back in the car we take off heading to god knows where "so, you found some beetles. In a hole, in the ground. That's shocking, Sam." I said with a hint of sarcasm laced in my voice "there were no tunnels, no tracks. No evidence of any other kind of creature down there. Ya know, some beetles do eat meat. Now, it's usually dead meat, but-." Sam said "how many did you find down there?" Dean asked him "ten." Sam replied "it's take a whole lot more that that to eat out some dude's brain." I said "well, maybe there were more." Sam replied.

"I don't know. It sounds like a stretch to me." Dean said "well, we need more information on the area, the neighborhood. Whether something like this has ever happened before." Sam replied as I looked at him while nodding and Dean stayed quiet "what?" I asked him "I know a good place to start. I'm kinda hungry for a little barbecue. How 'bout you guys?" Dean said "I could eat." I muttered "what, we can't talk to the locals?" Dean questioned "and the free foods got nothing to do with it?" Sam asked him "of course not. I'm a professional." Dean replied.