Chapter 57-Is He Gonna Be Okay?

"Hey, doc. How is he?" Sam asked him "he's resting." The doctor said as he nodded "and?"Sam asked him as the doctor sighed "the electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart...it's damaged." The doctor said looking up at him "how damaged?" Sam asked him with concern laced in his voice while the doctor looked at us sympathetically "we've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point. But I'd give him a couple weeks, at most, maybe a month." The doctor replied as I fell to the floor with tears flowing down my face.

"No, no. There's-There's...gotta be something you can do, some kind of treatment." Sam said desperately trying to hold back his tears "we can't work miracles. I really am sorry." The doctor replied as Sam picked me up bringing me to Dean's room "have you ever actually watched daytime TV? It's terrible." Dean said weakly "I talked to your doctor." Sam mumbled "that fabric softener teddy bear. Oh...I'm gonna hunt that little bitch down." Dean joked.

"Dean." Sam said lowly making him turn the TV off as he looked up at us "yeah...all right, well, looks like you're gonna leave town without me." Dean muttered "what are you talking about? We're not gonna leave you here." Sam said as he shook his head "hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your ass." Dean said with a smile on his face "I don't think that's funny." Sam said fighting back the tears "oh, come on, it's a little funny." Dean smirked.

"Look, guys, what can I say... it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of story." Dean said "don't talk like that, all right? We still have options." Sam said still holding me in his arms "what options? Yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy...but l'm gonna die...and you can't stop it." Dean said "watch me." Sam said letting go of me before walking out of the room as I turned and walked over to Dean with my head down feeling him grab my hand gently "listen to me." He said making me look up at him as he had tears in his eyes.

"You and Sam have to take care of each other." Dean whispered "stop." I said feeling my lip quiver "I know this is hard, kiddo, but these things just happen." Dean said "no, you have to keep your promise." I said fighting back the tears as he looked at me with defeat in his eyes "what if we can't find Dad and Sam leaves again? I will be all alone. I need you, Dean." I whimpered with tears streaming down my face as he pulled me into a hug "Sam won't do that. I can promise you that." He said as he kissed me on the forehead.

"I love you." I said kissing him on his cheek and standing up "I love you too." Dean said sadly as he kissed my forehead as we stared at each other for a moment, and then I ran off to find Sam, who was waiting for me outside of the room.