Chapter 157-Checking On Madison

It had been a couple of hours since Sam and Dean had left. I had watched some more Jeopardy, but I was getting bored, and my stomach was starting to growl. So, against my better judgment, I decided to grab the money Dean had given me and walk around the city to see what I could find. I took a motel key and then went on my way. There was a board game store, a bookstore, an arcade down the street, but nothing was really catching my eye. So, I kept walking until came across a bowling alley. I decided to give it a try, so I bought myself a pizza and a peach tea and bowled a few games. Although my highest score out of three games was a seventy-three, was still pretty proud of myself, given the fact that I had never played before. I decided it was probably time to head back to the motel since it was starting to get dark. Plus, if Sam and Dean caught me, I would definitely get my ass kicked.

[......]

Once I made it back, I changed into my pjs and sat on the couch

Once I made it back, I changed into my pjs and sat on the couch. Dean quickly walked in about ten minutes later "hey..." Dean said awkwardly "hey. Any clue on Kurt?" I asked him "uh, yeah. That's actually why I'm back." Dean said "I get to go with you?" I asked, excited "oh, no. The place I'm going isn't meant for kids." Dean replied "where are you going?" I asked him "what?" He asked in a slightly higher pitch "Dean, where are you going?" I asked as I giggled slightly "a place." He said.

"What's the name of this place?" I asked him "glit... Cit..." He mumbled "what?" I asked "Glitter City." He said quickly "you're going to a strip club?" I asked him "no. It's not a strip club." Dean frowned "what is it then?" I asked "it doesn't matter. I got what I needed anyway." Dean said "what are you talking about? You didn't touch anything. You've barely moved away from the door." I said "yeah, you got any ones?" Dean asked me as I grabbed one of the couch pillows and threw it at him "get outta here." I laughed.

I woke up the next morning to someone pounding on the door. When I looked up, I realized neither Sam or Dean were in their beds. I quickly jumped up and peered out of the peephole on my tiptoes. Dean was waiting outside of the door. As I swung the door open, he barged in "where's your key? Did you have too much fun at the strip club last night?" I joked "no, get dressed. We have to go." He replied "what's wrong? Where's Sam?" I asked him "he's fine. I just talked to him on the phone. I went to Kurt's house last night. He's dead. Guess who was there?" Dean asked me.

"I don't know." I shrugged "Madison. She's the werewolf. She knocked me out and took off." Dean said "seriously? You think she knows?" I asked him "how could she not?" Dean asked me.

[......]

Once we parked the car in front of Madison's apartment, we ran into the building and to her door

Once we parked the car in front of Madison's apartment, we ran into the building and to her door. Dean pounded on it, and we waited for Sam, who opened the door a second later. As we walked in, we could see that Madison had been tied to a chair "how you doin'? My head feels great, thanks." Dean said to her as he pulled out his gun "we've gotta talk. She says she has no idea what I'm talking about." Sam said as he led us into a bedroom "she's lying." Dean said "or maybe she really doesn't know she's changing, ya know? Maybe-maybe when the creature takes over, she blacks out." Sam said.

"That makes sense. Aren't werewolves supposed to be pretty feral? I mean, maybe if she was turned in a traumatic way, she really doesn't remember." I said "like a really hot Incredible Hulk? Come on, she ganked her boss and her ex-boyfriend. That doesn't sound rash and unconscious." Dean said "just 'cause she changes doesn't mean she loses herself. It doesn't mean she doesn't remember how they made her feel." I said "yeah, I mean, what if some animal part of her brain saw both those guys as threats? Hell, the cop, too." Sam replied.

"What are you, dog whisperers now?" Dean asked us "look, man, I just....| don't know, there....there....there was something in her eyes." Sam said "yeah, she's killing people!"Dean shouted "but if she has no control over it-." Sam said "exactly. She can't control it. Even if she's telling the truth, it's not gonna change anything." Dean said "I'm not putting a bullet through some girl's chest who has no idea what's happening." Sam replied "Sam, she's a monster, and you're feeling sorry for her?" Dean questioned "maybe I understand her. Look, there might be another way we can get the job done without having to waste her." Sam sighed.

"Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" Dean asked him as Sam pulled out Dad's journal and started flipping through it "dad's theory...lycanthropy might have a cure if you kill the werewolf who bit you, severing the bloodline." Sam said "might have a cure. Meaning, who the hell knows." Dean said "it's worth a shot." Sam said, with pleading eyes "we don't even know where to start looking, all right? I mean, the puppy that bit her could be anyone, anywhere. It could've been years ago." Dean said as a look of realization crossed Sam's face.

""No. I don't think so. Madison, when were you mugged?" Sam asked her as she just stared at him "please. It's important, all right? Just answer the question." Sam encouraged "about a month ago." Madison sighed "did you see the guy?" Sam asked her "no. He grabbed me from behind." Madison replied "did he bite you?" Sam asked "how did you know that?" Madison asked him "where?" Sam asked "on....on the back of my neck." Madison said as Sam held his gun out to show her he was setting it down. After he did, he walked behind her and pulled her hair back. Dean and I walked around to the side. Sam had revealed a scarred bite on the back of her neck.

"Oh, that's just a love bite. Believe me, that could have been a lot worse. Where were you at the time?" Dean asked her "walking home from a friend's loft." Madison said "let me guess. Not too far from Hunter's Point?" Sam asked her as she nodded while Sam and Dean gave each other a look, and then we walked back into the other room "the same place where those other murders happened. I'm telling you, it's a werewolf's hunting grounds." Sam said "maybe, but that doesn't mean it's gonna be out there tonight." Dean said "it's the right time of the lunar cycle. Look, I know it's a long shot." Sam sighed "hey, you're forgetting something. Madison's probably gonna turn soon, all right? We can't just let her take off to an all-you-can-eat buffet." Dean said "I'll stay with her." Sam nodded "and if she busts loose?" Dean asked as Sam didn't respond.

"Sam?" Dean asked "I'II do it." Sam said "Sam." Dean sighed "I'll shoot her, all right? But Dean, I need you to go out there. At least go look for the thing. Dean, please. We can save this girl." Sam said after a long pause, Dean finally nodded "fine." Dean muttered as Sam nodded, and then Dean and I left for Hunter's Point.