Chapter 131-Strange Things Are Happening

We drove for a while until we came across a broken-down car in the middle of the road as Dean pulled over and grabbed the shotgun that sat between us on the seat "stay here." Dean said as he got out of the Impala and walked up to the car slowly. I could see that the car's interior was covered in blood, and the windshield had a bullet hole in it as Dean bent over, picked up a large bloody knife off the ground, and looked around cautiously as he dropped the knife and hurried back to the Impala, but instead of getting in, he opened the back door and shuffled around in the back.

Once he was done, he closed the door, sat in the front seat as I grabbed my knife but he grabbed my wrist "use it if you need to. Don't hesitate. Okay?" Dean instructed as I just stared blankly at him, not taking the knife. He was scaring me "Addison." Dean said raising his voice slightly making me jump a little as he let go of my wrist "okay." I muttered "listen to everything I tell you to do. These people are dangerous." Dean said as I nodded, and then Dean started driving again. As we drove by the car, I spotted a car-seat, and a baby blanket completely painted in blood. We didn't get much further by the time we drove up to a group of men with several rifles, blocking the bridge with their cars. Once the men spotted us, they started to aim their guns.

"Dean?" I asked, terrified "it's all right. Just stay calm." Dean said as we took a closer look, we saw Jake standing with the group of men, smiling. Suddenly, someone tapped the roof of our car, and we both jumped. A man appeared in Dean's open window "oh. Hey." Dean chuckled nervously "sorry. Road's closed." The man said "yeah, I can see that. What's up?" Dean asked him "quarantine." The man said "quarantine? What is it?" Dean asked him "don't know. Something's going around out there." The man said looking around ominously.

"Uh-huh. Who told you that?" Dean asked him "county Sheriff." The man said "is he here?"
Dean asked him "no. He called. Say, why don't you get out of the car, and we'll talk a little?"The man smiled "well, you're a handsome devil, but I don't swing that way, sorry."
Dean said nervously "I'd sure appreciate it if you got out of the car, just for a quick minute." The man urged "yeah, I'll bet you would." He said quickly putting the car in reverse and sped backward as the man lunged and grabbed Dean by his collar as he was dragged along by the car. The men at the roadblock started firing at us, and then Dean swung the car around, shaking the man off. Then he switched to drive and sped away.

"You all right?" Dean asked me "are you?" I asked him as we quickly looked at each other and then turned our attention back to the road.

[.....]
On our way back to town, the man Sam and Dean had talked to earlier in the day was standing in the middle of the street, pointing his rifle at the Impala. Dean pulled over "hands where I can see 'em!" The man yelled as Dean and I put our hands up "okay!" Dean yelled "get out of the car! Out of the car!" The man yelled at us "Dia, stay put." Dean instructed as he opened his door and got out slowly "all right, easy there, big guy." Dean said "who is she?!" The man said as he pointed his rifle at me.

"She's my little sister! All right, put it down!" Dean yelled as he pulled his gun out pointing it at the man "lower it now! Put it down!" The man shouted as he pointed his gun back at Dean "are you one of 'em?" The man asked "no! Are you?" Dean asked him "no! Is she?" The man asked "no! You could be lying!" Dean yelled "so, could you!" The man yelled back "all right! All right. We could do this all day, all right? Let's just uh, let's take it easy before we kill each other." Dean said.

"What's going on with everybody?" The man asked "I don't know." Dean said "my neighbor...mr. Rogers, he-." The man stuttered "you've got a neighbor named Mr. Rogers?"Dean asked "not anymore. He came at me with a hatchet. I put him down. He's not the only one, I mean, it's happening to everyone." The man said "we're heading over to the Doc's place. There's still some people left." Dean said "no, no way. I'm getting the hell out." The man said "there's no way out. They got the bridge covered, come on." Dean urged "I don't believe you." The man replied "fine, stay here, be my guest." Dean said and I started to sit back in the car.

As the man hesitated and then walked around to the back of the Impala, sitting behind Dean. As he sat down, he pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the back of Dean's head. Dean quickly swung around, pointing his gun at the man "this is ridiculous. We aren't going to be able to get anywhere doing this."
I said "she's right. I need to drive."
Dean said "drive, but I'm not taking this off of you." The man said "all right." Dean said as he pulled his gun away and handed it to me "watch him." He said "what?" I asked, stunned.

"I know. I'm sorry, but we have to get back to the clinic, and I don't trust him."
Dean said as I looked at him for a second and then positioned myself, training the gun on him as Dean turned around "how old are
you?" The man asked me as he looked up at me with confusion "doesn't matter. You make any move on my brother, and I will not hesitate." I stated firmly "well. this ought to be a relaxing drive." Dean replied.