Chapter 99-Rescuing Our Father

Jefferson City, Missouri
Driving down the dark and deserted road of Missouri heading off to rescue our father we stop on the side of the road "you've been quiet." Sam said looking up from the book "just getting ready." Dean said as he went through the weapons in the trunk "he's gonna be fine, Dean." Sam said as Dean didn't answer, and Sam flipped to another page of the book seeing something he picked up the book and walked to the open trunk rubbing the dirt off of the lid and started to
draw on it.

"Dude, what are you drawing on my car!" Dean yelled "it's called a Devil's trap. Demons can't get through it or inside it." Sam said "so?" Dean asked "it basically turns the trunk into a lockbox." Sam explained "so?" Dean questioned "so, we have place to hide the Colt while we go get Dad." Sam said "what are you talking about? We're bringing the Colt with us." Dean said as Sam shook his head "we can't, Dean. We've only got three bullets left. We can't just use them on any demon. We've got to use them on the demon." Sam said "no, we have to save Dad, Sam, okay? We're gonna need all the help we can get." Dean replied.

"Dean, you know how pissed Dad would be if we used all the bullets? Dean, he wouldn't want us to bring the gun." Sam said "I don't care, Sam. I don't care what Dad wants, okay? And since when do you care what Dad wants?" Dean asked irritated "we want to kill this demon. You used to want that, too. Hell, I mean, you're the one who came and got me at school!" Sam yelled as Dean scoffed and rolled his eyes "you're the one who dragged me back into this, Dean. I'm just trying to finish it!" Sam yelled out again.

"Well, you and Dad are a lot more alike than I thought, ya know that? You both can't wait to sacrifice yourself for this thing. But ya know what? We're gonna be the ones to bury you. You're selfish, ya know that? You don't care about anything but revenge." Dean said "that's not true, Dean." Sam said as Dean scoffed again "I want Dad back. But they are expecting us to bring this gun. They get the gun. They will kill us all. That Colt is our only leverage, and you know it, Dean. We cannot bring that gun. We can't." Sam said "fine." Dean agreed.

"I'm serious, Dean." Sam replied as he raised his eyebrow "I said fine, Sam." Dean said taking the Colt out of his jacket pocket and held it up to show Sam before putting it in the trunk as Sam nodded and then started walking off. Dean then slipped the Colt back into his jacket. He looked at me and put his finger to his lips for me to keep it a secret as he put his arm around my shoulders "come on." He said as we followed after Sam walking alongside a river. We had to leave the Impala behind, for now, to avoid getting detected by demons before we were ready "hey, hey. Think I know what Meg meant by sunrise." Dean said.

As we stopped and looked up to see an apartment building with a sign out front that read, 'Sunrise Apartments "son of a bitch. That's pretty smart. I mean, if these demons can possess people, they can possess almost anybody inside." Dean said as we looked out and saw all different ages and genders walking around in front of the apartment "yeah, and make anybody attack us." Sam said "and so, we can't kill them...a building full of human shields." Dean sighed as
Sam nodded "they probably know exactly what we look like, too. And they could look like anybody." Sam said "yeah, this sucks out loud."Dean said.

"Tell me about it. All right, so, how the hell are we going to get in?" Sam asked "pull the fire alarm, get out all the civilians." Dean said "okay, but then the city responds in, what, seven minutes?" Sam questioned "seven minutes exactly." Dean nodded as we continued walking up to the building, and Sam slipped in to get the plan rolling "I'm surprised you don't have me locked in a motel room somewhere by now." I said to Dean "it's different this time. Honestly, you're safer with us. They could find you no matter where we put you." Dean replied.

"Dean...?" I asked him as he looked down at me "yeah?" He asked me "this is the only time I've been afraid to go with you guys." I said as he pulled me into a hug "we're gonna be fine, we're going to get Dad back, and I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He said as I nodded, still unsure, and then the fire alarm went off as people started filling out of the building as Dean walked up to one of the firefighters while Sam and I snuck behind and unlocked a compartment on a firetruck, and pulled out two uniforms. Sam and I snuck the uniforms behind the building and waited for Dean to meet us.

As they quickly got dressed while we walked around to the front of the building as they blocked me in as best as possible without looking suspicious until we walked into the building and then bolted up the stairs "I always wanted to be a fireman when I grew up." Dean said as he scanned the EMF meter over each door "you never told me that." Sam said as he stopped in front of one of the doors, and the meter started going off the charts making all of us looked at each other as he knocked on the door "this is the fire department. We need you to evacuate." Dean said.

Standing out of view of the peephole. The door unlocked, and Sam and Dean charged in, spraying a man and woman with their water tanks that they had filled with holy water burning them as Dean punched the man and shoved him into a closet "come on!" Dean yelled at Sam as he grabbed the woman and shoved her in as well while Dean leaned against the door as the demons pounded on it, trying to get out "hurry up!" Dean yelled as Sam grabbed a canister of salt from his duffel bag and ran a line in front of the closet door as soon as he finished, the pounding stopped.

Then they took off the uniforms as Dean grabbed my hand and led Sam and me to a closed door opening it slowly seeing our Dad restrained to a bed, unconscious as Dean walked in "Dad?" Dean said leaning over to listen "he's still breathing." He said looking at us and then back at Dad "dad, wake up. Dad!" He said taking out a knife to cut the restraints "wait. Wait." Sam said "what?" Dean looked confused "he could be possessed for all we know." Sam said.

"What, are you nuts?" Dean asked "Dean, we got to be sure." Sam said as he took a flask of holy water out of the duffel bag and sprinkled it on him, but it had no effect as he moaned and started to wake up "Sam? Why are you splashing water on me?" Dad asked as he came to "Dad, are you okay?" Dean asked "they've been drugging me. Where's the Colt?" Dad asked him "don't worry, Dad, it's safe." Sam said as Dean cut him free "good boys. Good boys." Dad said nodding as he looked over spotting me "what's your sister doing here?" He asked them "she's safer with us." Dean said as Sam nodded.

"You're right." Dad said nodding while Sam and Dean helped Dad up carrying him out of the bedroom, but then the front door burst open, and a man and a firefighter walked straight toward us "go! Go!" Sam yelled "back! Back!" Dean yelled as we all ran back into the room, and Sam closed and locked the door behind us hearing a loud thump seeing an ax suddenly came through the door as Sam quickly ran a salt line in front of the door while Dad, Dean, and I went for the fire escape.

Dean went down first and helped me when I reached the bottom of the ladder, then Dad came down as Dean put Dad's arm over his shoulder, and we started moving as fast as we could. Sam ran out in front of us to make sure no one was coming. He was suddenly tackled by a man who pinned him down and started beating him in the middle of the street "Sam!" Dean yelled as he put Dad down against the wall while I sat down next to him trying to comfort him as Dean ran over to Sam kicking the man in the face but was suddenly thrown against a parked car, shattering the window.

Then the man went back to beating Sam suddenly there was a gunshot, the man's skeleton lit up, and then he fell off Sam, dead "Sam!" Dean said running over to him picking him up off of the ground "Sam, come on! Come on!" Dean said as Sam slowly steadied himself now having a swollen black eye and a split lip "come on. We got to get out of here." Dean said, running over to Dad and me as Dean pulled Dad up and helped him walk. Sam was still unsteady, so he leaned against me, and we moved as fast as we could down the sidewalk.