xxvii. gone too soon

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊.   𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔙𝔦𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔶)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          TEARS FELL DOWN THE HALE GIRL'S CHEEKS. SHE COVERED HER MOUTH, smothering her sobs so the person waiting in her bedroom wouldn't hear her.

It was real.

All of it.

Boyd was gone –– no longer with them.

Gulping it down, Gracie swallowed a cry and changed into her pajamas. Swiping a strand of hair, which was still a little damp, behind her ear before stepping out of the bathroom-room, the boy, who had been pacing, stopped all his movements to give her a small smile, but Gracie could see the worried look on Stiles' face. He could see her red eyes and knew she had been been crying.

"Cute pj's," Stiles said with a chuckle, hoping to cheer her up.

And it worked.

Gracie's lips quirking up into a small smile at the cupcake-patterned pants she was wearing, which were actually cute. She rolled her eyes at him as she tugged on her white, baggy t-shirt.

"Your shower okay?" He asked, and the Hale girl gave a smile –– a forced one this time.

She nodded, heading over to her bed and sat on the edge, crossing her legs under herself as she hugged her pillow. Stiles joined her, setting his phone down on the nightstand and the weight shifted on the bed as he sat beside her.

"You really didn't have to stay, you know?" She said, breaking the few seconds of deafening silence.

"It's okay," Stiles hummed, scooting closer towards her and taking one of her hands that had been clutching her pillow. He grasped it tightly in his own. "I wanted to."

Moving from her side after she got under the covers, he softly pulled the covers over her. Standing by the doorway, Stiles turned to leave the room, but her voice, loud but soft, stopped him.

"Stiles..." Her head was still resting on the pillow as she looked at him. "Can you stay? Just...until I fall asleep."

"Yeah," he nodded, walking back over and sinking back down next to her. He pulled the covers over them and turned on his side again, coming face to face with Gracie. "Hey...this wasn't our fault. It definitely wasn't your fault either."

"It doesn't feel that way."

"It's not, it's not. It's just how it is. We can't save everyone...no matter how much we might want to."