iii. making first line

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒊𝒊𝒊.   𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          GRACIE FROWNED WHEN SHE SAW HER OLD HOME. PULLING UP TO WHAT was left of the Hale house, she parked her car as she got out to see Derek standing on the porch. 

"Why did you want me to come here?" She asked as she walked up the steps, stuffing her hands in her pockets as a cold breeze hit her. "You told me you were gonna look for Laura."

"I did," he said after he let out a heavy breath. He stood there stiffly, not sure how to keep on going.

Gracie furrowed her eyebrows. "So you were right? She's missing?"

"She was..."

"What does that mean? Did you find her? Is she okay?"

Derek pursed his lips sadly and looked over at his baby sister. "Laura's dead, Grace."

"No..." Gracie shook her head vehemently. "No, no, no...She just was fine. Just a few days ago."

After Derek showed her where he found their older sister, Gracie stared down at Laura's body, which had been completely cut in half. Her hair had been matted with mud and leaves. Her eyes were foggy and clouded with death.

Gracie swallowed thickly as she stepped back, turning away as she finally broke. Derek stepped forward as he held her, pulling her into a hug as she sobbed. Out of everyone, Gracie had been the closest with Laura. She was probably the closest thing she had to a mother since the fire.

"Was it them?" She finally asked when she stepped back, wiping the tears away. Anger blossomed in her chest for a second as she thought about who could've done this. "Was it the Argents?"

The Argents were one of the most infamous werewolf hunters throughout the world. Their lineage went back over four hundred years. But they had a code. They wouldn't harm or kill wolves unless they harmed any hunters.

But Gracie knew better.

While most people in the town had gossiped about the Argents burning down the Hale house, she and her brother knew the truth. They knew they did it. They knew what that family was capable of, and this wasn't even the worst they could do.

"Maybe," Derek breathed with a nod before he handed her something. "But there's something else. I found this near her body. Do you recognize the name?"

Gracie stared at what she was holding, which was an inhaler. Wiping the dirt off the label, she squinted at the name "Scott McCall", which was marked along the side.