xxv. psychic

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒗

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒗.   𝒑𝒔𝒚𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒄
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(ℭ𝔲𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

SKIPPING CLASS AGAIN, STILES HAD ARRIVED AT THE VETERINARIAN clinic midway through Scott's statement that his dad and Deputy Tara were taking. He sat by his best friend for support, knowing how much Deaton meant to him, and stayed quiet so Noah and Tara could get their investigation underway. 

When Scott had finished explaining that Deaton had called him during physics class, Noah patted him on the shoulder.

"All right, we're doing everything we can," he said comfortingly. "Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school." 

Scott nodded silently in agreement but when Noah and Tara walked away, he grabbed Stiles' arm and gestured to the room where the cats were kept.

Hoping not to catch Noah or Tara's attention, they quietly made their way into the room and closed the door firmly. 

"We have to tell him," Scott proposed immediately.

Stiles blinked in shock. "You mean, like, tell him, tell him, or something else that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him?" 

Scott gave him a deadpan look. "You know what I mean." 

"You remember how your mom reacted?" Stiles needlessly reminded him. "She didn't look you in the eye for, like, a week." 

"And she got over it," Scott countered. "and it actually made us closer."

Stiles pressed his lips together and glanced out the window in the door. His dad looked absolutely flustered as he conversed with Tara about the case.

"I don't know, dude. I mean look at him," Stiles sighed and nodded out the window. "Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is." 

"He's overwhelmed because he has no clue what's happening," Scott stated empathetically. "He's got people dying in his town, the town that he's supposed to protect, and it's not his fault that he doesn't know what's happening."

Stiles got that. He understood that more than anyone because Noah was his dad. He was the one who had to watch him almost pull his hair out in frustration over the cases that had to do with something supernatural. He's the one who to pull the bottle of whiskey away from his dad when the stress got to be too much. The thing was, was knowing about the supernatural that much better? It wasn't safe, either way. And all Stiles wanted to do was protect the only family member he had left.