vii. the first full moon

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒗𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒗𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔢 𝔖𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON," WAS ALL DEREK SAID WHEN HIS SISTER opened the door, sitting in the backseat of his Camaro.

"The police came for Isaac and I guess he's a suspect in his dad's murder," Gracie explained. "Jackson was called to give his statement to Sheriff Stilinski because he lives across the street from Isaac. Scott and Stiles went to the principal's office to check things out, I guess."

"Anything else?"

"They know Isaac and I are part of your pack. I didn't tell them. They figured it out on their own," Gracie finished, leaning forward to pop her head between the front seats of Derek's Camaro. In front of them, she saw Sheriff Stilinski leading Isaac to his police cruiser, handcuffs around his wrists. "...and I guess they're taking Isaac in as a suspect."

"Damn it," Derek muttered bitterly.

Isaac was carefully placed into the back of the cruiser and then drove away. Derek waited patiently and when Scott appeared outside of the school, he drove up to him and lowered his window.

"Get in," Derek ordered him. Scott scoffed and stomped over to the car.

"Are you serious?" he asked angrily. "You did that. That's your fault."

Gracie rolled her eyes. "He knows that, Scott."

"Now get in the car and help me," Derek said, sounding more like a demand.

"No, I've got a better idea," Scott argued. "I'm gonna call a lawyer because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up."

"Not when they do a real search of the house," Derek's voice rose as he spoke.

"What do you mean?"

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse," Derek explained impatiently. "A lot worse."

Gracie leaned forward in her seat so that Scott could see her. "Scott, just get in. We're trying to help Isaac."

Scott hesitated for a second, obviously thinking about what he should do, and then sighed heavily. He opened the door and slid in, letting Derek peal out of the parking lot as they drove over to Isaac's house, which was completely dark when they got there. But the police hadn't been there yet, so nothing was cataloged.