xiv. the usual suspects

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊𝒗

↳  𝒙𝒊𝒗. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒔𝒖𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔙𝔢𝔫𝔬𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔰)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

STILES GLARED AT ISAAC AS HE WALKED DOWN THE HALLWAY WITH GRACIE, watching as they laughed together. He couldn't believe his dad when he told him about Jackson taking back his statement about Isaac's dad but when he walked into his English class, there the blonde werewolf was, talking with Gracie a few seats ahead of him, who didn't look surprised at all to see him. She actually looked glad.

"You know, you're gonna give yourself a headache," Scott told him as they walked down the hall together.

"It's worth it," Stiles muttered angrily. "Look at them laughing together."

Scott rolled his eyes at his dramatic best friend.

"So, did you do any research?" He asked, thinking it would be better to change the subject to keep Stiles from obsessing over it.

Thankfully, it worked.

"All right, I only found one thing online called a kanima," Stiles told Scott, paraphrasing what he read. "It's a were-jaguar from South America that goes after murders."

"That thing was not a jaguar," Scott pointed out the obvious with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer," Stiles added.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you," Scott explained, unaware of his bluntness as he kept on going. "And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead."

Stiles stopped in his tracks as Scott went on, giving his best friend a horrified look. Was Scott trying to scare him to death?

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this 'friendship,'" Stiles muttered, following Scott.

Scott chuckled at Stiles' comment and they walked into Coach's classroom, where people were already gathering for economics class after the last bell rang.

After taking one glimpse around the classroom, Stiles' eyes eventually landed on Gracie, who was sitting in the back of the class. The seat in front of her, where Isaac normally sat, was empty.

"Excuse me," he said. With his usual lack of subtlety, he practically pushed through the people standing in the aisle. When her eyes met his, Gracie flashed him a smile.