viii. this unfamiliar feeling

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(ℑ𝔠𝔢 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔨)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          DEREK WAS DROPPING GRACIE OFF TOWARDS THE FRONT OF THE parking lot as he pulled up to the entrance, wanting to drive her in himself since he wanted to keep a close eye on her. The car ride had been tense and quiet with the same thing on both of their minds.

Gracie had figured during the full moon she would shift. She thought maybe it would all change then. But now she knew.

Whatever she was, she was anything but a werewolf.

"If..." the Hale girl spoke up, breaking the silence. "...the bite didn't turn me...then what am I? Because it either turns you or kills you...so..."

Gracie trailed off shaking her head. Derek squeezed her hand reassuringly. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out."

The Hale girl nodded and tried not to worry. When she walked into school, she had this gnawing feeling in her gut. It was a feeling she couldn't describe. But whatever it was, she knew that it wasn't okay.

───────────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ─────────────

          "IT HAD A TAIL," SCOTT SAID AS HE AND ALLISON CLIMBED THE ROCK WALL, talking about the creature that had almost attacked them during the full moon. Meanwhile, everyone else was watching from down below as the two were completing one of the many required activities for gym class. "I don't have a tail."

"Maybe you just haven't grown it yet," Allison suggested as she kept up with Scott as they slowly moved up the wall.

"I'm not growing a tail -- ever," Scott shook his head, laughing. He kept climbing up, slowly trailing behind Allison, who he noticed had stopped climbing. "Are you slowing down for me?"

"I was waiting for you," she said, giving him an innocent look.

"What?" Scott gave her a shocked look. "Waiting for me to catch up?"

"You looked like you were struggling."

"Maybe I was admiring the view," Scott suggested, leaning back as he glanced at her backside, grinning at the view.

Allison raised a brow. "Try admiring from afar."

With that, she carried on, climbing the wall at a faster pace, smirking as she moved closer towards the top. The grin on her face faded when she looked back down to where Scott last was, only to realize he was now ahead of her.