vi. self-control

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒗𝒊

↳ 𝒗𝒊. 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇-𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔖𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔡 ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔞𝔱 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔏𝔦𝔫𝔢)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          THE NEXT DAY, THE HALE GIRL PICKED AT THE EGGS SHE HAD MADE ONLY TEN minutes ago. She had felt sick to her stomach. She still couldn't believe Stiles thought Derek killed their sister. She was even more annoyed at herself for being so upset.

But things got even worse when the Sheriff showed up at their front door with an arrest warrant. He had been tipped off by someone that there was a body buried in front of the Hale house.

Staring down tearfully, she watched as Noah Stilinski brought out her brother, who handcuffed. Her gaze shifted when she noticed Scott waiting by a blue Jeep.

"No..." Scott mumbled when he spotted Stiles walking from behind a tree and sneak into the cop car. "Oh, God...what are you doing?"

"Okay, just so you know, I'm not afraid of you," Stiles declared, looking back Derek. His blue eyes gleaming with malice as he gave the teenage boy a death stare. Stiles gulped with his big brown, puppy dog eyes that said otherwise. "Okay, maybe I am."

"Why are you so worried about me when it's your friend who's the problem?" Derek asked lowly, glancing through the window at Scott. He turned back to Stiles. "When he shifts on the field, what do you think they're gonna do, just keep cheering him on?"

Stiles gulped, realizing that what Derek was saying actually made sense.

"I can't stop him from playing but you and Gracie can," Derek said firmly, leaning forward. "And trust me, you want to."

As Stiles asked him more questions, Scott stood back, watching until Sheriff Stilinski caught his son and yanked him from the car.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I'm just trying to help," Stiles defended weakly.

"Okay, well, how 'bout you help me understand exactly how you came across this."

"We were looking for Scott's inhaler," Stiles answered as Scott watched the interaction from the car.

"Which he dropped when?"

"The other night."

"The other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body?" His father remembered.