xv. kill or be killed

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒗

↳ 𝒙𝒗.   𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔘𝔫𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          "YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A TEMPLE IN CALCUTTA WHERE THEY USED TO sacrifice a child every day? That's every day a dead baby, Gracie, every day!" Stiles exclaimed as they walked out of the school and through campus to the building that held the cafeteria. "Hey, you want to know what today is? It's dead baby day. Oh, no, wait, that's every day, because every day is dead baby day, yay!"

Gracie gave him an amused by at his overdramatic rambling. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because Scott's dealing with the Alpha twins", he explained.

Gracie rolled her eyes. "I know that..."

"So look, here's what I'm thinking," Stiles nodded and continued with his theory. "I'm thinking that the murder maybe come in threes. Ancient people love things in threes, right?"

Gracie shrugged lightly.

"So maybe first it's three virgins, and then, I don't know, maybe it's three people who own little dogs," he not-so-subtly suggested.

Gracie stopped, looking at him as he followed.

"Lydia owns a little dog," the Hale girl realized. Stiles grimaced and she shook her head. "I am not telling Lydia to get rid of her dog!"

Stiles flailed his arms about as they started walking again, "Would you just think about telling her to get rid of her little dog?"

"No," Gracie told him after pausing for a second as she pretended to think about it. "Besides, Lydia and I don't really have that kind of friendship. You know, the telling-her-to-kill-her-pet kind. Yeah, we just kind of...co-exist. And by the way, you cannot discern a pattern by a single data point, so stop trying."

"Wha-okay, so what, I'm just supposed to wait around for someone else to die, then?" Stiles asked, growing a little irritated.  "I'm just supposed to sit there and watch them die? Just wait for them to wither up and die right in front of me?"

Gracie paused again, giving him a strange look. "Wither?"

"You know what I mean," he snapped and gestured wildly as he continued, "Die in just a hideously awful, strangulating, head-bashing, throat-cutting kind of way."

"Maybe it's not your job," Gracie said after a few seconds. "They were strangled with a garrote and we both agreed that it was something a human would do, so...maybe you should just leave the figuring out part to someone human."