xxvi. heart-stopper

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕-𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(ℭ𝔬𝔡𝔢 𝔅𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔯)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

GRACIE HALE SCREAMED AS A WHITE-HOT ACHE SOARED THROUGHOUT HER body, radiating from her neck as it spread down her spine. It was literally the worst pain she had ever felt by far.

Pulling away from his niece, Peter threw her on the ground next to Stiles. The Stilinski boy scrambled to help her, leaning her up against the car next to them. Once she was settled, holding her wound with her hand, Stiles jumped to his feet and glowered at Peter.

"Don't you understand yet? I'm not the bad guy here," Peter told him, wiping his niece's blood from his lips.

Stiles scoffed, giving him an angry look. "You turn into a giant monster with red eyes and fangs, and you're not the bad guy here?"

Peter stepped towards him. "I like you, Stiles. Since you've helped me, I'm going to give you something in return. Do you want the bite?"

Stile froze, his eyes widening at Peter's offer. "...What?"

"Do you want the bite?" Peter repeated. "If it doesn't kill you -- and it could -- you'll become like us."

"Like you," Stiles realized.

"Yes, a werewolf," Peter took another step towards him. "Would you like me to draw you a picture? That first night in the woods, I took Scott because I needed a new pack. It could've easily been you. You'd be every bit as powerful as him. No more standing by his side, watching him become stronger, and quicker, more popular, watching him get the girl. You'd be equals. Maybe more."

Peter grabbed Stiles' arm, bringing it up to his face. Stiles could see the blood from Gracie's bite dripping down her arm and staining her white dress. Her face was almost so pale that it seemed translucent and her eyes were shut, as though she was asleep. The only two things that told him she was actually awake were the tremors wracking her body and the whimpers of pain escaping her lips.

"Yes or no?"

Stiles' eyes flickered back to Peter, hardening. Even if he did want to be stronger or to be Scott's equal, he didn't want to be a werewolf like Peter.

"I don't wanna be like you," Stiles hissed, ripping his arm away when Peter's fangs came out.

Peter let out a chuckle, shaking his head. "Do you know what I heard just then? Your heart beating slightly faster over the words 'I don't want.' You may believe that you're telling me the truth, but you are lying to yourself. Goodbye, Stiles."