xvi. no way out

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒗𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒗𝒊. 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒕
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔑𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔖𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔩)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          WHILE THE THREE OF THEM RAN FOR THEIR LIVES, GRACIE TRAILED after Scott and Stiles down a hallway towards the new set of double doors that led to the parking lot, and slammed their bodies against it. Instead of flinging open like they intended, the doors stayed shut, moving forward only an inch then closed. It was like something was pushed in front of it.

"What the fuck?" Stiles slammed his side into the door again, but, once again, nothing happened.

Scott managed to open the door only a crack and cursed under his breath when he peeked his head out to see what it was.  "It's a dumpster."

"He pushed it in front of the door to block us in," Stiles realized. He slammed his body against the door again, over and over, as his panic flared. "Come on, help me."

"Stiles, stop," Gracie tried to stop him. As terrible as things were right now, it could get a lot worse if the alpha caught up to them.

"Stop!" Scott pulled Stiles away from the door, knowing that the dumpster wasn't going to magically roll away. 

"I'm not dying here," Stiles ranted, rubbing his head as his anxiety only got worse. "I'm not dying at school."

"We're not going to die," Scott soothed, trying to calm him down.

"Why is he doing this? What does he want?"

"Scott," Gracie said simply. The boys looked back at her, confused. "An alpha is stronger with a pack. It wants Scott. Now you would've known that if you hadn't hung on me."

"Oh, great," Stiles muttered sarcastically. "A psychotic werewolf who's into team work. That's-that's beautiful."

As they tried to find away to escape with their lives, Jackson had pulled up to the school with Lydia and Allison.

"What're they doing here anyway?" Jackson asked, his eyes flickering from Stiles' Jeep to the open doors.

Allison shrugged, looking at the text message from Scott after he ditched their date. "All I got was that message."

Lydia leaned toward Jackson's open window. "They lock the doors at night, you know?"

"That one's open," Allison pointed to the doors, the chain they usually used to lock up cut up on the ground in front of it.