iii. bad omens

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔗𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔬𝔬)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

BEFORE EVEN THE FIRST BELL RANG, THE HALE GIRL MADE HER WAY TO THE section of the school that housed the English department. Stiles and Scott also had the same class as her, which Gracie considered pretty lucky. Out of the three-hundred kids in their grade, the three of them all had the first class of the day together.

The classroom was pretty much full by the time Gracie walked in. Stiles got her attention right away, waving his hand in the air and then pointing to the empty seat next to him by the window that he saved for her.

Gracie gave him a small smile and wandered over to the row of desks closest to the window, sitting in the seat next to him. Soon, Allison and Lydia walked in –– Lydia scoring the seat in front of Stiles, but Allison was the unlucky one with the only empty seat was in front of Scott.

Gracie grimaced at Allison, her eyes darting over to Scott, who was sitting on the other side of Stiles.

"This ought to be good," Stiles muttered under his breath, earning a smack from Gracie. "Ow!"

Gracie, Stiles, and Lydia watched as Allison approached Scott. The tall brunette smiled shyly –– and awkwardly –– at Scott, gesturing to the desk. "Is someone...?"

"No, no, no," Scott was quick to respond. "No, it's all you, all yours...Uh, it's totally vacant."

Gracie covered her mouth, laughing as Scott looked at Stiles with a miserable face and her amusement definitely heightened when Stiles sent Scott a sarcastic thumbs-up in response.

Though if luck would have it, Stiles offered the chance to embarrass himself as well. The pencil he had been twirling between his fingers fell from his grip. It clattered against the linoleum floor loudly just as Gracie reached to grab her notebook from her bag.

As one moved back and the other leaned forward, it wasn't going to take a genius to figure out what happened next. Their heads collided, and –– almost immediately –– pain radiated through the back of Gracie's skull.

Stiles rubbed his forehead as the Hale girl slammed a palm on the back of her throbbing head.

"Oh my God. Uh, uh, uh, I'm so sorry. Like really sorry," Stiles spluttered, holding his hands up as he watched her carefully.

"It's okay," Gracie sighed, rubbing her head. Though, the look on her face said otherwise.

Stiles nodded, leaning forward again. This time he was leaning forward on the top of the desk as he reached for his pencil. All of his weight was resting on the desk when suddenly it flipped forward, hitting the back of the chair of the person in front of him.