xvii. the walking dead

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊.   𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔉𝔯𝔞𝔶𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

GRACIE WINCED, SQUEEZING HER EYES SHUT AS THE BUS WENT OVER another bump. Her body jerked with the movement, and pain radiated through her body as she held her stomach. The pain medication was definitely wearing off. It felt like her skin was burning where her wounds had been stitched up.

The Hale girl didn't open her eyes again until a whistle rang throughout the bus and once again, Coach's voice accompanied it, "Back to your seat!"

Gracie was squished in between Stiles and Scott, sitting in the back of the bus. Stiles barely looked up from his iPad as one of his teammates went back to his seat at Coach's scolding.

"Hey," she whispered, her shoulder nudging Stiles', who looked away from his tablet for his gaze to meet her's. She couldn't really move without feeling the agony shoot through her side. "Boyd's not doing anything, is he?

Stiles looked over the top of the seat in front of him to the front of the bus where Boyd and Isaac sat together. The larger beta seemed to be calm at the moment but from how sullen Scott was acting, he doubted Boyd or Isaac were much better.

"No, he looks fine," Stiles shook his head. "What about Derek?"

Gracie stared down sadly, shaking her head. "Nothing yet. Peter and Cora are checking things out, though."

He shared the same expression, sighing eventually. Tapping on his iPad, he clicked onto the SAT app that would help him practice anything that could come up on the test that he'd be taking in the middle of the spring semester.

Right now, as a way to take the time off of everything and making the time go by, the three of them were studying each other on vocabulary as they rode the bus toward their first cross country meet of the semester.

"Scott," he called his best friend's name. He had given Scott a word two minutes ago and he still didn't have an answer. Gracie glanced over at the beta wolf, sitting on her left side. Stiles snapped his fingers in front of Scott's sullen face. "Hey, Scotty, you still with me?"

Scott, who was leaning his head against the window –– which had to be uncomfortable –– straightened himself up and cleared his throat.

"Yeah, sorry," he looked over at Stiles. "Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time," Scott answered dutifully. With the SAT's only a few months away, they had to prepare and this seemed like the perfect time to do it. Well, it mostly served as a distraction more than anything.