x. invisible strings

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙

↳  𝒙.   𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(ℑ𝔠𝔢 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔨)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          STILES QUICKLY WALKED ACROSS THE CAFETERIA, RUSHING TOWARDS Scott. Boyd, who hadn't missed a day of school since the third grade, had showed up for school. He just knew that it had something to do with Derek.

"Scott, do you see that?" he pointed to Boyd's empty table.

"What?" Scott shrugged, not seeing the problem before he added, stating the obvious, "It's an empty table."

"Yeah, but whose empty table?" Stiles prompted; a look of realization came over Scott's face. "Yeah, it's Boyd's."

"Shit," Scott cursed, standing from his seat. He and Stiles rushed out of the cafeteria, intending to find Boyd to discourage him from taking the bite.

"I'm going to the ice rink to see if he's there," Scott informed Stiles. "You go to his house. If he's not at home, call me, okay?"

Stiles hesitated, thinking it through. What exactly could they do to stop Boyd from taking the bite if he really wanted it? That's when it hit him.

Scott saw his indecisive face. "What?"

"Maybe Gracie's right," Stiles suggested to the teen wolf. Scott looked at him confused until Stiles reminded him. "Boyd, you know? Gracie said Derek's giving them a choice, right?"

Now that he was thinking about it, it didn't seem as horrible as he thought it did. It's not like Derek was forcing them to take the bite. If they knew all the details and still wanted it, what else could they do?

Maybe it wasn't their business.

Scott shook his head and slapped Stiles' shoulder. "We can't."

"You gotta admit, Erica looks pretty good. You know, the word 'sensational' comes to mind."

"Yeah? How good do you think she's gonna look with a wolfsbane bullet in her head?" Scott pointed out.

"All right," Stiles conceded. "All I'm saying is maybe this one isn't totally your responsibility."

"They all are," Scott disagreed. "...and you know this thing's gonna get out of control. That makes me responsible."

"All right, I'm with you," Stiles gave him a supportive smile. "And I also gotta say, this new-found heroism is making me very attracted to you."