xxxv. evolution

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗. 𝒆𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔐𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔓𝔩𝔞𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          STILES, STILL SHOCKED, LEANED AGAINST THE DOOR AS HE STARED AT THE Hale girl. "Hey..."

"Your dad let me in," was all she said before walking into his room without an invitation. Stiles sighed and shut the door after her, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry about that. I just wanted to be alone."

"I understand that," she nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. She looked and a light caught her eye as it reflected from a piece of gold on the side. She walked over to it, seeing a Macy's bag resting on his dresser with several pieces of jewelry from the women's section. She picked up a large, clunky gold bracelet and looked at Stiles teasingly. "Why do you have women's jewelry?"

"Oh!" He paused for a second when he stepped forward, but stood back as he relaxed. "Uh, nothing. It's just some stuff I bought, you know, for your birthday when it comes around."

Gracie looked at him, a little shocked as she wrinkled her nose at him. "For me? My birthday's, like, in two months."

"Yeah, I know," Stiles nodded awkwardly. "I just-I kind of didn't know what to get you, so I bought you, like, a bunch of stuff. A lot of stuff."

"You don't have to––"

"––Well, I was gonna return anything I didn't give you," Stiles explained. Flattered, Gracie looked at him and smiled sheepishly. After an awkward pause, he finally asked the obvious question, "So what are you doing here?"

"It's Jackson...he's not dead. He's like in this weird stage of metamorphosis––"

The Hale girl was suddenly interrupted when her phone started ringing. She apologized, telling him that it was Derek, and put the phone on speaker. 

"What's happening with Jackson?" She asked her brother without a greeting.

"Scott and Isaac say that he's in some kind of transparent casing," Derek explained, his voice blaring through the grill. "We think it's the venom that comes out of his claws." 

"That is horrifying," Stiles mumbled under his breath, earning a look of agreement from Gracie. 

"They also say that he's starting to move," Derek added. "Peter and I found something in the Hale archives. Apparently, what we've seen from Jackson is just the kanima's beta shape."