vi. a trip down memory lane

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒗𝒊

↳  𝒗𝒊. 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚
𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔬𝔰 ℜ𝔦𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

SOON ENOUGH, ISAAC WAS  SITUATED IN DEREK'S PREVIOUS SEAT, ALMOST curled in on himself from his nerves. Peter had an unimpressed look on his face as he watched the younger beta, slowly walking around him. 

"Relax," he advised Isaac. "I'll get more out of you if you're calm." 

Isaac glanced back at Peter as he stopped behind him. "How do you know how to do this again?"

It was a good question because Gracie didn't know the answer, either. All she knew was that Peter knew how to do it.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice," Peter said as he studied the back of Isaac's neck, lining up his claws at the appropriate spot for penetration. "One slip and you could paralyze someone...or kill them?" 

"You've..." Isaac swallowed nervously. "You've had a lot of practice, though, right?"

Peter smiled creepily at him. "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." 

Gracie cocked her head. "Uh..." 

"Wait, does that mean that you––?"  Isaac wasn't able to finish his question as Peter forced his claws into the back of his neck.

Isaac flinched violently and Peter wrapped his arm around his throat to hold him still.

Jumping to her feet, Gracie winced at the frantic whispers flying through her head.

Derek stood up in alarm, worried for his beta's safety but it seemed that even Peter was having trouble with the ritual. His eyes glowed an icy-blue as he grunted, his head jerking back from whatever he was seeing in Isaac's memories.

"Derek..." Gracie looked at her brother nervously, standing from her chair.

Derek went to stop Peter from continuing the ritual but Peter finally spoke up.

"Wait, I see them," he said urgently.

He went silent again, struggling with everything he was seeing. After another moment, Peter ripped his claws from Isaac's neck and threw himself away from him, shoving himself into the table.

"What did you see?" Derek asked as Gracie steadied their uncle, who was still trying to find his balance.

"Uh, it was confusing," Peter panted, shaking his head. "Um, images...vague shapes."