xxii. my cousin miguel

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒍
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣'𝔰 𝔅𝔞𝔫𝔢)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"SCOTT," THE TEEN WOLF HEARD JACKSON CALL OUT, LOW ENOUGH TO NOW BE heard by anyone else but him. Scott's back stiffened as his face went blank. "You can hear me? You can, can't you?"

"What's wrong?" Gracie asked.

"Jackson's talking to me," Scott whispered. "He knows I can hear him. Look at me. Just talk to me. Act normal. Pretend that nothing's happening."

Stiles tried to think of something to say. Usually he was a talkative guy and had no trouble finding something to say, but not today.

"Are you trying to pretend not to hear me?" Jackson asked, giving him an annoying smirk while Allison and Lydia were talking and laughing behind him.

"Say something. Talk to me!" Scott hissed, trying to drown out Jackson's voice.

"I can't think of anything," Stiles waved his hands around nervously. "My mind's a complete blank."

"Your mind's blank? You can't think of something to say?" Gracie asked in disbelief.

"Not under this kind of pressure," Stiles weakly defended. He looked back again as his gaze drifted back to Lydia and Allison's table. "FYI, he's not even sitting with them anymore."

"Where the hell is he?" Scott grumbled as his eyes scanned through the maze of tables around them.

"Looking for me, McCall?" He heard Jackson taunt as Scott looked for him, his head turning side to side as he searched the cafeteria. "I'm right here. So what else can you do? Huh? Can you see better? Are you stronger, more powerful? No, I knew there was no way you suddenly got that good at lacrosse. Which means you're actually a cheater, aren't you? I mean, can you even play lacrosse?"

"Yes," Scott gritted out through his teeth, listening to Jackson.

"I'll bet my new co-captain's gonna score a bunch of shots tonight, aren't you? And while you're pretending you're not a lying cheat, I'm gonna ruin your life if you don't give me what I want. And you know what I'm gonna start with? Her." Scott's eyes landed on Allison. "I'm gonna destroy any chance you'll ever have with her. And when I'm done with that, I'm gonna get her all alone, and I'm gonna get my hands all over that tight little body."

While Stiles and Gracie couldn't hear what Jackson was saying, they could tell it wasn't anything good. Scott's eyebrows furrowed further and further and his eyes narrowed into slits.