xxiii. the killer within

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(ℜ𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

A FEW HOURS LATER, GRACIE WAS DRESSED IN A LONG-SLEEVE yellow t-shirt and a white skirt with a pair of black tights and lace-up ankle boots. The car ride with Stiles and Scott was dead silent but luckily, they pulled up to the warehouse.

Scott gave Stiles a worried look as the three of them got out of the Jeep. "You okay?"

"Yeah," Stiles nodded. "Why?"

"You just didn't say anything the whole way here," Scott pointed out while looking at Gracie for a hint about what was going on. She shrugged, having no clue.

"No, I'm fine," Stiles opened up the hatch and picked up one of the large bags of mountain ash. "Just grab the other bag."

"I can't, remember?" Scott reminded him. "Deaton said you have to do it alone."

"Okay, this plan is really starting to suck.

Gracie gave him a sympathetic look. "Call if you need help, all right?"

Stiles nodded and grabbed the other bag before closing the hatch. Out of nowhere, Scott perked up, glaring toward the warehouse that already seemed to be full. The rave was in full swing.

"No. Not here," Scott grumbled "...not now."

"What?" Stiles gave him a confused look but Scott just took off into the warehouse. "Scott! What am I supposed to––? This plan officially sucks."

Since Scott was gone, it was up to Gracie to reassure him.

"Just do what Dr. Deaton said, okay?" She grabbed both of his arms to steady him. "You can do this, Stiles."

Stiles shook his head. "I can't do this." 

"Yes, you can," Gracie repeated herself. "I'm going inside now, so you have to do this, okay?" 

Stiles nodded but what came out of his mouth wasn't assuring. "This plan officially sucks."

"Sorry..."

When she reached the entrance, Gracie showed her ticket to the bouncer at the door and walked into the thick of the party.

The lights were blasting and the music was blaring, and most of the people in attendance were having fun with their friends, but Gracie didn't feel comfortable like most of them. She didn't like parties to begin with and now, with everything that was supposed to go down tonight, it felt like her heart was about to beat straight out of her chest.