xvi. darach

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒗𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒗𝒊. 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒉
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔘𝔫𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔥𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

HAVING NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON ACROSS TOWN IN DEREK'S LOFT, Stiles had skipped class in order to speak to Deaton, who he knew would know what was going on with all of the murders.  He snuck Deaton into the school without a visitor's pass, the two of them, plus Lydia, were searching through the band room to find anything that could tell them where the band teacher had gone.

It wasn't a question of if he simply didn't make it to class, the bloody handprint on the piano gave them enough evidence to the contrary.

While Deaton listened to a recording on the teacher's phone, which were basically a bunch of creepy voices, Stiles searched through his desk.

"Can we get a copy of this?" Deaton asked Lydia, who stood by his side.

Lydia took the phone ands started to transfer the recording to herself so she could pass it onto Deaton. 

Stiles opened the top drawer in the desk, finding nothing so far. "Hey, Doc, any help would be, you know, helpful." 

"Each grouping of three would have its own purpose, its own type of power," Deaton spoke thoughtfully. "Virgins, healers, philosophers, warriors––" 

A lightbulb went off in Stiles' head as he laid his eyes on the photograph on the teacher's desk. It was from his wedding, where he stood next to his gown-clad wife in his military uniform. 

"––Wait, wait, wait," he cut Deaton off as he picked up the picture, his mind still racing. "Warrior, could that also be like a soldier?" 

Deaton nodded. "Absolutely." 

Stiles showed him and Lydia the photo and added, "Kyle was in the ROTC with Boyd." 

"That's got to be it. That's the pattern," Deaton declared. "Where's Boyd?" 

Stiles grabbed his phone from his pocket and glanced at the time as he started to call Boyd. "He's probably home by now. I'm gonna try to get him on the phone." 

He pressed the phone to his ear as Deaton looked over at Lydia, who was stiff and looking ahead of her thoughtfully. "Lydia, is something wrong?"

"No, it was, uh," she grimaced, shaking her head. "I mean, I just thought of someone else with a military connection." 

Stiles dropped his phone from his ear, ending the call before Boyd even answered. "Who?" 

"Mr. Harris."