xxx. the thinner the air, the harder to breathe

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒙. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒊𝒓,
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔉𝔲𝔯𝔶 / 𝔅𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔢𝔩𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

THE SMOKE WASN'T AS BAD THE FURTHER SHE WALKED THROUGH THE STATION to get to the holding room, but Gracie couldn't just worry about that. Since they were already in the police station, she figured that the Argents were behind this attack. She was proven right when she turned into another hallway and ran into Allison. The Hale girl raised her hands when the Argent girl aimed her bow at her. Her eyes, which were usually filled with kindness, had lost their spark as she stared at Gracie angrily.

"Allison," she eyed the sharp arrowhead that was pointed at her. "What are you doing?"

"Where's Derek?"

"What? What are you even--?"

"--Where is Derek?" Allison spat at her with hard eyes. "Tell me where he is, Gracie."

Gracie's eyes were focused on the arrowhead, her voice low as she asked, "What are you gonna do?"

"You have to stay away from me, Gracie," she warned the Hale girl as she finally lowered her bow. "I-it'll be safer for you if you just stay out of the way."

"What does that mean?" Gracie asked, not liking the threatening tone in her voice. Allison didn't answer as she pushed past her, hitting her shoulder while she stomped down the hallway.

"Shit!" She wailed, clutching her arm, her wound was still a bloodied mess. In all of the chaos, she actually forgot about the pain.

By the time she found Scott and her brother, Gracie and the beta had made sure their parents had made it outside as the Argents hunted down Derek.

Weakly setting down Stiles outside, Gracie slid down the wall as tried to catch her breath. They had survived, and they finally had confirmed who the kanima was, but they weren't any closer to stopping him from killing anyone else.

───────────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ─────────────

"YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'RE DROWNING, YOU DON'T ACTUALLY INHALE UNTIL right before you black out."

Stiles had thought that seemed like an appropriate thing to say. It wasn't changing the subject even though Stiles didn't like the question that Miss Morrell had asked him, and it wasn't answering it, either. It was fact, a statement that was true.