x. creature in the night

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙

↳  𝒙.   𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

( 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔩 )

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME FIND LEGALLY BLONDE?" GRACIE ASKED WHEN SHE walked into the only Blockbuster in Beacon Hills, wanting to buy the same guilty pleasure film she had gotten every week for the last few years. "Hello? Is anybody working here?"

When no one answered, the Hale girl glanced up from the shelves of movies she was currently looking at to find the store was empty. No one was working the cashier, which was odd since the "open" sign was still left up.

"Hello?" She turned, spinning around as her stomach turned. She shook her head, trying to ignore that gnawing feeling forming in her gut. "They're probably just in the back or something. Don't freak out. Just stay calm, Gracie."

Walking through the aisle, she stopped, seeing a ladder set up in the middle of two rows, almost like it was left that way. The fluorescent overhead light directly above her was flickering ominously.

Passing the row of horror movies, Gracie stopped in the middle, her eyes narrowing when she saw shoes laying on the ground haphazardly, a few feet in front of her.

It was a store employee.

The boy, who couldn't have been much older than her, was propped up against a shelf and his glasses were askew. His shirt was heavily stained with the blood that poured from his slit throat. Beside him was another boy. He was wearing a leather jacket as he laid there on his side, his arm covering her face.

Breathing heavy, Gracie's fingers shook as she leaned forward, pulling his arm down and her eyes widened as she stared down at who she realized was Jackson Whittemore.

Gracie's fingers grazed over his neck and she let out a breath when she felt his pulse. He must have been knocked out or something.

She backed away, stepping back until she hit the ladder as she reached for her phone. The ladder tipped over and the light above it came down with it, sparking and causing the other lights to flicker on and off.

When the light kept flickering on an off as the darkness filled the room, Gracie gasped when she stopped in her tracks. In the shadows, a growling noise filled the air as red eyes glowed in the dark from an animalistic being in front of her.

Scrambling away, Gracie quickly needed to find somewhere to hide. Finding a place, her chest heaved as she stood there with her back pressed tightly against the metal shelf behind her.