ix. isolation

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊𝒙

↳ 𝒊𝒙. 𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(ℑ𝔠𝔢 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔨)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

BY THE TIME ERICA'S SEIZURE HAD FINALLY ENDED AND 9-1-1 HAD been called, it was already fifth period. Stiles walked into the cafeteria, looking around until he spotted Boyd. He made his way over.

"Boyd," he greeted his classmate as he sat across from him. "You got the keys?"

Boyd didn't speak as he held out the keys to the skating rink. Stiles grinned and tried to take them from him, but Boyd held them our of reach.

"This isn't a favor," he reminded Stiles. "It's a transaction."

"Right, yeah," Stiles agreed, pulling his wallet. He took out a twenty-dollar bill and set it on the table. "Absolutely."

"I said fifty," Boyd said flatly, giving him a blank look.

"Really?" Stiles asked innocently. "I-I remember twenty. I don't know. I have a really good verbal memory. And I remember twenty. I remember that distinct 'twa' sound, 'twa - enty.'"

"I said fifty," Boyd repeated sharply. "With the 'fa' sound. Hear the difference?"

"Uh––"

"––If you can't, I can demonstrate some other words with the 'fa' sound."

"Uh, no, n-no. I think I'm recalling it," Stiles nodded as he pulled out another twenty. "Now. Maybe I just got it confused with for...ty." Boyd didn't budge, giving him an unimpressed look, popping a Dorito in his mouth. "Come on, man, have you seen the piece of shit jeep that I drive?"

"You seen the piece of crap bus that I take?" Boyd retorted back unsympathetically.

Stiles sighed as he begrudgingly took out a ten dollar bill, adding it to the forty dollars already on the table. Boyd smiled pleasantly and held out the keys to the skating rink.

"Mmm. Okay. Thank you," Stiles gave him an annoyed smile. With the keys in his hand, Stiles made his way back over to where Scott was already sitting. "Got 'em. Pick you up right after work tonight and we'll meet at the rink, cool?"

Scott was about to reply when the sound of murmurs and gaped filled the air. Following what everyone was talking about, they were shocked to see Erica strutting into the room with a whole new wardrobe and a smirk on her face. She looked like a completely different person a face full of makeup with red lipstick, and wore black leather. It seemed like her legs went on forever in the leopard-print heels she wore and Stiles had to admit she looked pretty good.