iv. friday night frights

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊𝒗

↳ 𝒊𝒗. 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

THE REST OF THE ELIMINATION WENT BY SLOWLY. BY THE TIME IT ENDED, Stiles had called Scott to get to his house as soon as possible with important information.

"Get in," Stiles pulled him in when Sheriff Stilinki let him go to his room. "You gotta see this thing. I've been up all night reading -- websites, books. All this information."

"Okay," Scott sighed. "Exactly how much Adderall have you had today?"

"A lot," Stiles answered, unbothered by the fact. "Doesn't matter. Okay, just listen."

"Oh, is this about the body? Did they find out who did it?" Scott asked.

"No, they're still questioning people, even Derek Hale."

"Oh, the guy in the woods that we saw the other day," Scott realized. "Gracie Hale's brother..."

"Yeah!" Stiles exclaimed. "Yes. But that's not it, okay?"

"What, then?" asked Scott.

"Remember the joke from the other day? Not a joke anymore," Stiles insisted, jogging his memory back to Monday. "The wolf -- the bite in the woods. I started doing all this reading. Do you even know why a wolf howls?"

Scott narrowed his eyes at him. "Should I?"

"It's a signal, okay? When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack. So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of 'em."

Scott looked at him incredulously. "A whole pack of wolves?"

"No -- werewolves," Stiles corrected.

"Are you seriously wasting my time with this?" Scott scoffed at his friend, jumping to his feet. "You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour."

"I saw you on the field today, Scott. Okay, what you did wasn't just amazing, all right? It was impossible."

Scott shrugged. "Yeah, so I made a good shot."

"No, you made an incredible shot, I mean, the way you moved, your speed, your reflexes. You know, people can't just suddenly do that overnight. And there's the vision and the senses, and don't even think I don't notice that you don't need your inhaler anymore."