x. expect the plan to go off the rails

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙

↳ 𝒙.   𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒐𝒇𝒇
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔬𝔰 ℜ𝔦𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤/𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔰)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          PANIC RAISING IN HIS CHEST, STILES PRESSED HIS PHONE TO HIS EAR and was relieved when Scott picked up.

"Stiles, now is not the best time."

"Scott, Scott!" he exclaimed frantically. "No, listen to me, okay? Look, you gotta get out of there. Look, the walls of the vault are made with a mineral called Hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight."

"What does that mean?"

"It keeps the moonlight out, okay? They haven't felt the full moon in months."

"Okay, think of it like the gladiators in the Roman colosseum," Peter took over explaining. "They used to starve the lions for three days, making them more vicious, more out of control. Deucalion has kept them from shifting for three full moons, diminishing their tolerance to it."

"Scott, they're gonna be stronger––"

"––More savage, more bloodthirsty," Peter cut him off. "Scott, they're the lions. They're the starved lions and you and Derek just stepped into the colosseum."

"Derek, we have a problem," they heard Scott say. "A really big problem."

Then came Derek's surprised voice. "Cora?"

"Who?"Stiles looked at Peter, wondering if he knew a Cora.

The shocked look on his face made him think that he did. "Cora?"

"Derek, get out," a female voice came from the other line. "Get out now!"

"Scott," Stiles spoke again, hoping to get Scott's attention. "Hey, Scott! Scott, are you hearing this?"

Vicious growling started out on the other line and they could hear the fighting start.

"Scott?!"

The dial tone started beeping.

The fighting started not long after Gracie and Allison discovered Erica's body. They waited only five minutes before they set out of the closet, afraid that they were run into any members of the alpha pack on their way to the vault.

From the loud growling, the vicious roars, and the painted grunting, Scott and Derek had to have been having a bad time in that vault.

Gracie had to get in there, now. She and Allison were quick getting to the vault. Gracie was quick to notice the circle of mountain ash on the floor and that was good and bad. She was never going to get inside.