xxx. the girl who lived

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙.   𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩 𝔚𝔥𝔬 𝔎𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔗𝔬𝔬
𝔐𝔲𝔠𝔥)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"I WISHED YOU WOULD HAVE ANSWERED MY CALLS," GRACIE MUTTERED TO Derek as they sat side-by-side in the hospital waiting room while Cora was being examined.

"I know," Derek replied softly. "I'm sorry."

"I just don't understand why she's not healing," the Hale girl shook her head. It made no sense. Cora should have been healing by now.

"We'll find out why she's not," Derek assured her and squeezed her hand. "I already called Peter. Hopefully he knows something we don't."

"Hopefully," Gracie sighed, and looked down at her lap when her phone started vibrating in her hand. When she saw that it was Scott, she excused herself from Derek and walked over to Stiles, where he was talking to Melissa. "Hey."

"Hey, is Stiles with you?"

"Yeah, hold on," she waved to Melissa silently and grabbed Stiles' arm, pulling him into an empty hallway; she put him on speaker. "Okay, you're on speaker."

"All right, it's philosophers as in teachers," Scott told them hurriedly. "Allison and her father just found Mr. Westover."

"That makes sense," Stiles glanced at Gracie. "Tara, she wasn't always a cop. She used to teach middle school."

"Then the last one's gonna be another teacher."

"There's close to a hundred teachers employed at the high school," Gracie pointed out worriedly. "There's even more at the middle and elementary schools."

"And they're all headed home," Stiles added. "

"No, no they're not," Scott said after a few seconds of silence. "They're all going to the recital."

"Shit," Stiles cursed in annoyance. "All right, I'm gonna go talk to my dad."

"I'll borrow Derek's car and head over there now, Scott," Gracie took the call off speaker as Stiles walked away to find his dad. "I'll only be a couple of minutes."

"Okay, but Grace..." Her eyebrows furrowed at the worry in Scott's voice.

"What's wrong?"

"I talked to Morrell. She told me that the alpha pack wanted me because I'm supposed to be a true alpha."