xii. the game plan

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳ 𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔄𝔟𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE OTHER DAY," STILES SAID, LOOKING INTO Scott's eyes. "I'm trying. We'll get through this. Uh, I know, because I love you. I love you more than––"

"––Uh, did I just walk into something personal?"

Stiles and Scott jumped at the interruption and whipped around to see Gracie. She stood at the bottom of the staircase they were sitting on, clutching her history textbook to her chest. Stiles, grimaced, pulling himself together, and shook his head at how this looked.

"No, no, no, I'm not confessing my love for Scott or anything," he assured her and turned back to Scott. "You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate."

"Come on, you're the only one that we can trust," Scott gave Stiles sad eyes. "Is she coming to the game tonight?"

"Yes!" Stiles snapped, scowling at the teen wolf. "Okay, message complete. Now, tell me about your boss?"

"He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted," Scott explained quickly. "Like a book."

"I think he's talking about a bestiary," Gracie spoke up, tapping her manicured nails against the cover of her textbook.

Scott gave him a confused look. "What?"

"A bestiary," Gracie repeated, looking between Scott and Stiles, who had a look of realization on his face.

Scott chuckled. "I think you mean beastiality."

Gracie wrinkled her nose in disgust while Stiles rolled his eyes at his best friend. That was definitely not what she meant.

"Nope, pretty sure she doesn't," Stiles said flatly. "It's like an encyclopedia of mythical creatures."

Scott's mouth dropped and he stiffened, looking incredulous. "How am I the only one who doesn't know anything about this stuff?"

"Okay," Stiles said. "...you're my best friend, you're a creature of the night, it's kind of like a priority of mine."

"Okay," Scott nodded, trying to come up with a plan. "If we can find it, and it can tell us what this thing is––"

"––And who," Stiles added.

"We need that book," Gracie said what the two boys were both thinking as she thought it over in her head.