xxiii. threats

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳ 𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔯𝔩 𝔚𝔥𝔬 𝔎𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔗𝔬𝔬
𝔐𝔲𝔠𝔥)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          OUTSIDE OF THE MAIN OFFICE, STILES HID BEHIND A PILLAR. HIS EYES WERE sharp and his ears were perked as he spied on his father, one of his deputies, and the principal.

Unfortunately, he couldn't hear much. In fact, the only thing he did hear was Noah excusing himself from the conversation when he locked eyes with Stiles.

"Hey!"

Stiles frantically pulled his backpack up over his head as he rushed to get away from his dad. Unfortunately, Noah was pretty quick for a man in his forties.

"Hey, hey, hey, back it up," he sighed and turned to face his father. "I know what you're thinking. I know you've got all these ideas about patterns and people dying in threes––"

Stiles cut him off, correcting him. "––Dad, they were murdered. Sacrificed, actually."

"I've got half the state, including the FBI coming in on this," Noah told him. "They're not getting away with killing one of our own."

Stiles almost deflated at his father's words. Up until then, he hadn't thought about just who was sacrificed.

"Dad, they killed Tara," his voice was shakier than he cared to admit. "You know, how many times did she help me with my math homework when I had to wait at the station for you?"

Noah inhaled deeply and Stiles could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Just, uh, get to class, okay?" He nodded behind Stiles and greeted Gracie, who Stiles hadn't even noticed had walked over to them. "Hi, Gracie."

"Hi, Sheriff," Gracie waved at him politely. Noah went back to his conversation with the deputy and the principal, leaving Stiles and Gracie to themselves.

Gracie gave him a sympathetic look. "How are you feeling?"

"Not the greatest, but I'll live," Stiles told her.

"Well, if you need to talk, I'm here," she promised him, letting go of his hand she had only realized she had been holding. "Come on, we have English and I don't want Miss Blake to tell on me to Derek."

"Could she really do that?" Stiles posed.

Gracie's eyes widened. "God, I hope not. I was just kidding."