xxxii. a different method of persuasion

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒅
𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔒𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

JENNIFER GRUNTED AND GROANED AT THE AFFECT THE MISTLETOE HAD ON her. Her pretty face turned into something grotesque and scarred. Her groan turned into a high-pitched snarl before the mistletoe wore off and she turned back to her normal appearance.

She went to run, but Derek was faster than her. His claws appeared as he grabbed her by the neck and raised her in the air, her feet more than a foot off the floor.

"Derek, wait, wait!" Jennifer begged. "You need me!"

"What are you?" Derek's voice came out as a growl.

"The only person who can save Cora," she choked out. Gracie stiffened, wondering what she was going on about. "Call Peter. Call him!"

"Derek," Gracie called his name. When he looked over at her, she nodded. He couldn't kill Jennifer anyway, not when Sheriff Stilinski was out there and they had no clue where he was. "I'll call him."

Derek nodded back at her while she took out her phone and called Peter. He picked up the call quickly. "Hey, how's Cora?"

"Not good," Peter reported worriedly. "She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood, along with one other alarming substance..."

"Mistletoe," she assumed, glaring over at Jennifer.

"How did you know that?"

Gracie didn't answer. She hung up the call and watched as Derek, who had heard every word of the call, started squeezing Jennifer's throat. They could audibly hear the bones starting to crack.

"Derek, Derek, what are you doing?" Scott asked frantically.

"Her life," Jennifer gasped for breath. "It's in my hands."

Derek raised her higher into the air, causing Stiles to yell, "Stop, Derek, stop!"

"Stilinski, you'll never find him."

Although Gracie would love nothing more to see Derek kill Jennifer, they had to put a stop to it. Cora was sick, almost on the brink of death, and Noah was missing.

"Derek, stop," she hurried over to her brother and grabbed his free arm. "You can't kill her."

Derek snarled at Jennifer and let go of her, throwing her onto the floor.