xxiv. interruptions

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒖𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(ℭ𝔲𝔯𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"I'M NEVER GONNA GET THIS," GRACIE WHINED, LYING ON HER STOMACH next to Stiles on his bed. Her sock-clad feet were in the air, swinging one at a time as she glared at her notes. This was just one of their rare moments to be studying and getting back to the mindset of doing good in school despite what had been happening recently.

They had planned on studying for their French midterm next week and then start watching Star Wars like the Hale girl had promised. French was definitely not her thing. She could speak Spanish fluently and even read a little Latin, but this just was something she struggled with, which was odd considering she was great at everything.

"Hey, we're not finished yet," Stiles told her as she closed her textbook.

"Can we please just watch the movie already?" The Hale girl practically begged.

"I promise I'd help you study," Stiles shook his head, leaning closer to open up her book again to where they left off. His gaze flickered over her notes, which were highlighted in various colors. "What's with all the highlighters anyway?"

The Hale girl looked down when he pointed to the markers in front of her she had been using.

"Well," she began, starting with... "Green is for the things I understand. Yellow, is for 'I'm working on it,' and red..." She sighed, picking up the last marker. "...means 'I have no clue what I'm doing.'" She chuckled, looking at her notebook. "I'm using mostly red."

The Stilinski boy's lips quirked up into a smile as he glanced back at his crime board, seeing the similar colored strings holding up the clips of papers and photos. He looked back to the Hale girl, and she smiled back at him as he stared at her in awe.

"What?" The Hale girl asked nervously, noticing how close the two were as his face only stood an inch from her's. But she didn't mind it at all.

"Nothing," Stiles said, his voice too soft, too quiet, almost considered a whisper. His gaze flickered over her lips, his mind trapped in a haze to notice he had been leaning in closer towards her –– very, very slowly.

Gracie's heart raced as the two of them started to lean in, her eyes fluttering closed as Stiles did the same. Their arms grazed each other and the sound of the their breathing with that feeling that had been building the last minute intensified in this exact moment.