xxxii. run boy run

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒓𝒖𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔅𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔣𝔦𝔢𝔩𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"WELL SPOKEN, COACH," GERARD PRAISED THE MAN. "I MIGHT HAVE CHOSEN something with a little more historical value but there's no denying your passion."

Gracie almost laughed when Coach gave him an offended look, but somehow Gerard completely missed it. 

"And while I haven't been here long, there's no denying my pride in having a winning team for this school," the Argent patriarch continued, looking around at the lacrosse players. "I know you'll all be brilliant tonight, even with only one co-caption leading you."

Gracie gave Stiles a questioning look but he furrowed his eyebrows, not knowing why Scott wouldn't be playing, either.

"Now, I'm your principal but I'm also a fan. So, don't think I'll be content to watch you merely beat this team," Gerard grinned creepily. "Get out there and murder them."

"You heard the man!" Coach yelled. "Asses on the field!"

Gracie shivered at the menacing look on his face as he smirked and left the locker room.

She stared fearfully at his retreating figure before looking back at the Stilinski boy. "This is gonna be really bad."

Stiles' expression turned worried. "You think?"

"Yeah...I do." She wished that it wouldn't but everything seemed to point in that direction. Argent hunters were brutal, and they had proved it time after time. "I'm gonna..." The Hale girl pointed in the direction of the field, and Stiles nodded. "Just focus on the game, yeah? Good luck, Stiles."

Stiles smiled lightly. "Thanks." 

By the time Scott made it onto the field, Stiles was sitting on the player's bench, nervously bouncing his leg as he thought about what Gracie had said to him earlier.

Things were going to get bad.

Stiles knew that, yet he couldn't shake the feeling he had inside of him. He was nervous, scared that someone he loved would get hurt, and angry that there was even a situation like this to begin with.

Most of all, he felt helpless. There wasn't anything he could do to help. He couldn't help Scott. He couldn't help Gracie or Derek. He couldn't even help himself.

It frustrated him because he had that determination inside of him, he just couldn't act on it. He couldn't go up against a hunter or a werewolf, let alone a kanima, and make it out of the fight. But he also couldn't just stand by and watch the action unfold while people got hurt. He had to do something.