xxii. ties that bind

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊.   𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒅
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(ℜ𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          GRACIE SHOVED HER HANDS INTO THE POCKETS OF HER CANVAS JACKET, hiding them from the crisp evening air. She walked with Derek and Isaac through the parking lot of the animal clinic, hoping that this meeting with Scott and Dr. Deaton wasn't going to be tense. They were all working together now, so there was no reason to be hostile.

They were meeting with Scott and Dr. Deaton to find a way to save Jackson. Dr. Deaton was apparently full of supernatural knowledge and Scott was representing his make-shift pack, so that left Derek, Gracie, and Isaac to represent the Hale pack as the first three members.

As they approached the clinic, Scott unlocked the door. He greeted Gracie with a smile that fell slightly when he saw Derek and went away completely when he saw Isaac trailing after them.

"What's he doing here?" He asked tensely as he allowed Gracie into the clinic.

"I need him," Derek briskly walked past Scott.

Scott narrowed his eyes at Isaac as he walked into the clinic. "I don't trust him."

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac replied casually.

Derek turned to the younger betas with a glare. "You know what? And Derek really doesn't care."

Gracie rolled her eyes. "Can you stop talking in third person? We're working together now, so you guys really need to get over your little spat."

Scott and Isaac gave each other dark looks, obviously struggling with being the same team.

"Got it?" Gracie demanded, narrowing her eyes at them when neither had said a thing.

"Yes."

"Yeah, sorry."

Derek rolled his eyes as Isaac and Scott sheepishly lowered their gazes from each other.

"Now where's the vet?" He asked Scott. "Is he gonna help us or not?"

"That depends," Dr. Deaton walked into the room like he was waiting for his cue. "Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?"

"Kill him."

"Save him."

Derek, Gracie, and Scott spoke respectively. Gracie and Scott immediately gave Derek a pointed look, which had Derek sighing.