xix. it's all within the eyes

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒊𝒙

↳  𝒙𝒊𝒙. 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔉𝔯𝔞𝔶𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          GRACIE HATED THE ERRIE FEELING THAT THE ABANDONED AND DESTROYED mall was giving her as she sat there on the platform above where where Kali escorted Deucalion to his perch on an escalator. She left him, presumably to join the others waiting in the shadows, and soon, Scott and Isaac walked in. The Hale girl could only listen as she remained there, still bound to the wooden chair they tied her to.

"You didn't come alone," she heard Deucalion tell Scott.

"Yeah, this is Isaac," Scott told him, gesturing to the blonde beta at his side.

"I'm not talking about Isaac," Deucalion stated vaguely.

Derek took that moment to slowly walk out next to Scott, his face transformed with his wolf features and his sharp claws out and ready. He slowly overtook the betas and stood a couple feet in front of them, as if to block them from Deucalion's gaze. Scott gaped at him.

"You know I would do this?" He didn't receive an answer. "Derek, don't. You can't do this so no one gets hurt."

Scott didn't get that someone was going to get hurt anyway. Derek had already been nearly killed by Kali and Deucalion wanted him to kill his betas and maybe even Gracie, even if she was just being used as bait or "assurance purposes" as Deaucalion put it. Though, she wasn't sure though. She got this weird feeling that he wanted to hurt her like she somehow important –— to him.

Anyhow, this was a no-win situation, no matter which way it went.

"If someone else dies––"

"––Him," Derek pointed at Deucalion. "Just him."

"Just me?" Deucalion repeated. "Now, how's a blind man find his way into a place like this all on his own?"

As if on cue, Kali started sliding down a pillar, her nasty toe-claws digging into the concrete and making crumble to the dusty floor. Her crimson eyes glowed in the faint darkness and she growled threateningly, low in her throat.

Out of a hallway, emerged Boyd and Cora but only feet away from them came Ethan and Aiden.

Derek's eyes glanced over the abandoned mall until they landed on Ennis. Ennis was standing on the platform above, stationed behind the Hale girl. His presence was large and threatening over the Gracie as trembled under his watch.