iv. open wounds

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊𝒗

↳  𝒊𝒗. 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔗𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔬𝔬)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

THE TINGLING HAD CAME BACK AND GRACIE WAS SHAKING VIOLENTLY in her seat. Meanwhile, Miss Blake slowly walked over to the large wall of windows when they heard the loud noise. Outside the classroom were hundreds of birds swarming the school.

A few more birds came hurdling towards the window, smacking into the window as blood splattered against the glass before it fell into the shrubs below.

Miss Blake jumped back back from the shock of the impact. Soon, more and more flew into the glass. Surprisingly enough, one of the windows shattered from the blow and birds flew into the window.

Ducking her head down, Gracie leaned down as she tried to hide her face. Covering his own head, Stiles stood up and shoved his desk away as he grabbed the Hale girl. He tugged her chair back and wrapped his hands around the top of her arms so he could pull her under the desk with him, covering her with his body when he wrapped himself around her.

"Get down, everyone! Get down, down. Get down! Get down!" Miss Blake gestured for everyone to hide under their desk as she protected one of the students herself.

The attack of the birds only lasted around ten minutes, but a lot of damage was done. Torn textbooks and notebook paper were all over the room, along with pieces of clothing and dead birds.

There were a lot of injured people –– there was nothing serious but it was birds that attacked them so antibiotics were probably needed –– so paramedics and the police were called.

When it was safe, Stiles slowly uncovered the Hale girl from his protection and the two stood up. Still shaken up, she didn't even realize it when Stiles grabbed ahold of her and scanned her over, checking to see if she was hurt.

"I'm fine," Gracie finally assured him she was okay. When Stiles finally backed away, she reached into her bag, which had been torn apart by the birds, and pulled out her phone to check her texts.

📶 T-Mobile  LTE    8:31 AM                 99%🔋

Derek
Scott and I have Isaac. He's fine.

Gracie let out a relieved breath. Meanwhile, Stiles' gaze found Miss Blake. She was sitting on her desk with bird feathers in her hair, her eyes blank as she started ahead.