xxviii. a shot in the dark

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗
↳  𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊.   𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔉𝔲𝔯𝔶)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"MATT, DON'T DO THIS," SCOTT PLEADED ROUGHLY. "WHEN SHE COMES TO the door, I'll just tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything."

The door that led to the wreck room groaned loudly as it was opened. Matt glared at Scott.

"If you don't move, now, I'm gonna kill Gracie first, then Stiles, and then your mom," he gestured out of the office. "Let's go."

And so they marched back to the wreck room.

"Open it," Matt ordered Scott when he hesitated at the door.

"Please, Matt––"

"––Open. The. Door."

Scott opened the door, revealing Derek standing behind it. Gracie smiled letting out a relieved breath. Scott shared the reaction as well. "Oh, thank God."

But if luck would have it, their moment of relief didn't last long.

"Derek?" Gracie called out when she didn't say anything.

But in slow motion, as if his legs couldn't even hold himself up anymore, he fell forward.

"Derek!" Gracie lunged toward her brother, hoping to catch him but Matt quickly tugged on her. His grip on her arm was tight as he yanked her back to his side with his gun pointed at her at the moment.

The Hale girl watched as Derek's back hit the floor with a loud thud. The alpha glared at Matt with usual pair of angry pale-green eyes.

The Hale girl froze as Derek laid there paralyzed, and behind him in the doorway stood Jackson –– partly in his kanima form with scales running along his face and arms.

"This is the one controlling him?" Derek grunted as Jackson –– half in his kanima form –– stood above him. "This kid?"

Matt let go of Gracie, pushing her toward Jackson, and leaned over Derek. "Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big, bad werewolf."

Gracie hid the surprise on her face, though Matt could easily see it on Stiles and Scott.

"Yeah, that's right," he nodded proudly. "I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves like Derek and Scott, then there's hunters, and kanimas, whatever the hell Gracie is...It's like a freakin' Halloween party every full moon." He glanced over when he caught Stiles rolling his eyes. "Except for you, Stiles. What do you turn into?"