v. the new beta

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒗

↳ 𝒗. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒂
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔖𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔢 𝔖𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

THE HALE GIRL SAID A QUIET GOODBYE TO ISAAC, TELLING HIM TO TEXT HER IF he needed help, and then approached Stiles, who was waiting outside the entrance.

"Hey," she greeted him carefully, giving him a small smile. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Why were you with Isaac Lahey?" Stiles blurted out without greeting her back, his mind obviously focused on the pair walking in together.

"Uhm," Gracie shook her head, trying to come up with a lie. "He just wanted some help studying for the Econ test on Friday."

"He just wanted to study...with you?" Stiles raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yes," Gracie said, hoping he would buy it. But she knew him better than that. She was just wishing he would let it go. "What did you want to talk about?"

"How do you even know Isaac?" Stiles started to interrogate her.

"We have a few classes together. Can you please just let it go?" She asked politely.

"I'm just saying, you don't really know him--"

"--Stiles, you said you wanted to talk to me," She was starting to lose her patience the more he kept dragging this out.

"You guys really aren't friends--"

"--How would you know--?"

"--I know that he's not one of them--"

"--You don't know what you're talking about--"

"--I know that--"

"--Stiles!" Gracie finally snapped, knowing that they were just going to keep talking over each other. He flinched and stood there in shock. "It's not your business! So, if you're not going to tell me what you wanted to talk about, I'm just gonna go."

"Fine!" Stiles exclaimed, equally angry. He paused looking at her before... "Are you guys--?"

"--That's it," Gracie scoffed and went to walk away from him. Stiles quickly caught up with her, reminded of the question he intended to ask.

"Wait, wait," he gently grabbed her arm and pulled her to a stop only for his hand to be slapped away. "Ouch! What the hell, Grace?"

"Don't grab my arm," Gracie scowled.