xxi. healing process

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒊. 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(ℜ𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔱/ℜ𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

          AFTER HE LEFT HIS THREAT, JACKSON TURNED BACK TO THEM AS A FULL kanima and jumped out of one of the windows at the top of the ceiling. Gracie and everyone else covered their heads as glass down onto the bookshelves and floor.

After a minute when the coast was clear, Gracie rushed around the corner as Stiles and Allison followed to see Erica laying on the floor, convulsing –– her healing not kicking in. Stiles and Gracie joined Erica, holding her on her side like they did in gym class.

"Hey, hey!" Stiles called over to Scott and Allison. "I think she's having a seizure."

Scott went to kneel on the other side of Erica and Allison went to the next aisle over, checking to see if Matt was okay. 

"He's alive," Allison sighed in relief. 

"Hey, we need to get her to a hospital," Stiles suggested. 

"No," Gracie spoke up; she knew that a hospital wouldn't be able to help Erica. "We need to take her to Derek." 

"When we get her to the hospital––"

"––No, to Derek," Erica choked out, in agreement with Gracie. 

"Let's go," Gracie urged.

Scott didn't seem to care about the urgency in her voice. He ran over to Allison to tell her that he was staying with her, completely ignoring the situation with Erica. 

"Scott, come on!" Gracie called, frustrated, as she went to help Stiles get Erica off the floor. "Scott!"

After Scott dramatically said goodbye to Allison, Scott joined them and picked Erica up in his arms. The three of them raced out of the library, hoping that they could get to Derek on time.

Derek quickly lead Gracie, Stiles, Scott, and Erica into the train car where he slept. He pointed to an empty spot on the floor and Scott laid her down, kneeling right next to her. Derek knelt on her other side, quickly inspecting her, while Stiles pulled Gracie into his side.

"Hold her up," Derek told Scott.

Scott pulled Erica onto his lap so Derek could have easier access to her.

"Is she dying?" Gracie asked, panicking.

"She might," Derek's voice was just as panicked, his eyes darting over Erica's body. "Which is why this is gonna hurt."