i. underwater

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊

↳  𝒊.  𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒘𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘰

(𝔒𝔪𝔢𝔤𝔞)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

SPRING OF 2011 - SOPHOMORE YEAR

Gracie leaned back, resting her head down against her crappy hospital pillow. She closed her eyes as the sound of the hospital monitors' beeping echoed throughout the room. In the bed next to her's, Lydia was perched on the edge, swinging her legs back and forth as she checked her manicured nails. Let's just say the Hale girl wasn't exactly loving the idea of being her roommate, but with the limited space she had to share with the Martin girl.

She just laid there as she stared at the last text Derek sent her, telling her he went home to change his clothes since he had been there all weekend and hadn't left her side since she woke up.

The Hale girl rolled her eyes as she listened to the strawberry blonde's bed creak with each swing, biting her lip as the annoying sound echoed loudly. Having been in mild pain since the nurses weaned her off the morphine, she had enough with the noise. She grunted softly as she slid her legs over the side of her bed, sitting up.

"I'm just gonna take a shower," the brunette grumbled when Melissa McCall walked in, seeing her patient try to stand up. Smiling down at the Hale girl, she helped her over to the conjoined bathroom.

"Thank you," Gracie mumbled, giving Scott's mother an appreciative look.

"Call if you need anything," Melissa told her.

"Will do," the Hale girl gave her a small smile as she opened the door.

Once Melissa had left the room, Gracie closed the door behind her and peeled the hospital gown off, chucking it. It had been several days since the attack and the stitches from her wound had been removed yesterday, so she was finally able to take a shower. Most of her other cuts and bruises on her body were slowly starting to fade away. She glared at her reflection, wondering how the hell she would be able to cover them up when she went to school tomorrow.

Turning the water on, Gracie waited to get in when the tub filled with water at the perfect temperature. Leaning her head back as she sighed when she sunk into the warm water. Rubbing her neck, she winced as her fingers grazed over where Peter had bit her. The memories of that night flashed in her mind, feeling her uncle sink his fangs into her and hearing her own screams echo.

By the nurse's station, when Scott's mom walked out of the room, running into a few of the other nurses she worked with. They looked over at her as she shut the door and walked over to them.