i. the bite

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒊

↳ 𝒊.   𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒆
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

(𝔚𝔬𝔩𝔣 𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

WINTER OF 2011 - SOPHOMORE YEAR

Under the warm glow of a porch light, the silhouette of a young boy with long, dark brown hair could be seen walking along the outside of a house. His olive skin and brown eyes glowed under the bright lights.

It was Scott McCall.

Wearing a hoodie, he had been moving throughout the porch, ready to strike with the baseball bat he was holding. Suddenly, another boy with a buzz-cut materialized out of thin air, hanging from the porch roof.

Startled, Scott raised his bat and yelled in terror at the upside-down figure, who did the same, waving his hands around wildly.

"Stiles, what the fuck are you doing?!" Scott shouted.

"You weren't answering your phone," his friends answered, still hanging from the roof. "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator!"

"A pre-I-wha-look, I know it's late, but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Hills Department, and even State Police," explained Stiles.

"For what?" Scott asked as he finally lowered his bat.

"Two joggers found a body in the woods," Stiles replied, flipping off the roof and landing on his feet.

"A dead body?" Scott asked, incredulous.

"No, a body of water," Stiles quipped with his usual level of sarcasm before climbing over the rail to stand by his friend. "Yes, dumbass, a dead body."

"You mean like murder?"

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s," Stiles answered again, resting his hands on his hips.

"Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

"That's the best part," Stiles grinned. "They only found half. We're going."

The road ahead was engulfed in darkness until Stiles' headlights from his beaten-up Jeep lit up the dirt road that eventually led to the chained gate of the Beacon Hills Preserve.

"We're seriously doing this?" asked Scott as he hopped out of the car.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town," Stiles replied, taking the lead and using a flashlight to guide their way.